Thread: Seawolf Boats

Default Seawolf Boats

Can any of you Seawolf owners or potential customers report on how you like the dealing with the company and there boats?
    Be nice to hear about your dealings as far as delivery times, deposits required, and overall owners satisfaction.
    Wifey and I are considering ordering a 28 SC model next summer if we sell the rest of our toys first.

Snowwolfe,

I would be suprised if you get much of a response here. There is one out of Soldotna (a 30' with twin Etecs) , a 33 in Homer that is used to charter, the first 20 they built is in Kodiak with a 310HP Volvo Penta, a charter boat in Juneau(34'?), and another charter boat in Sitka with twin Yamahas (30'). Oh yea, they just delivered a 35 to Meyers Chuck. I have spoken to all of these owners except the last one. They all say about the same thing: they all love them, the quality is exceptional, and they are not cheap -- even by custom build standards.

Jim

Thanks for the response.

Talk to CanCanCase on here. He owns the Seawolfe here in Juneau..

CanCanCase's boat may still be for sale as well.

I fished on the 33' (website http://www.memorymakerfishing.com/ ) Seawolf in Homer last year. Their website claims it's a 35', but whatever the length, it is the nicest boat in the harbor, in my opinion. The quality and workmanship was impressive, and the skipper keeps the boat CLEAN. If you have the money to spend and want aluminum, there isn't a nicer boat out there, from what I've seen. I've talked to Seawolf a few times when I was considering their 26', they always seemed responsive to my calls and questions.

Brian

33 feet is totally out of the question unless we strike gold!
    Been looking at there 28 SC model but even it is still a way out till we sell the existing toys. But so far so good, no one has said a bad word about them yet.

I really hate the idea of selling my current Sea Sport (24 footer). But Sea Sport only offers a 24, 26, and a 30. 30 is way to expensive and a 26 isnt big enough for what we want.

Quote Originally Posted by Powderpro View Post
    I fished on the 33' (website http://www.memorymakerfishing.com/ ) Seawolf in Homer last year. Their website claims it's a 35', but whatever the length, it is the nicest boat in the harbor, in my opinion. The quality and workmanship was impressive, and the skipper keeps the boat CLEAN. If you have the money to spend and want aluminum, there isn't a nicer boat out there, from what I've seen. I've talked to Seawolf a few times when I was considering their 26', they always seemed responsive to my calls and questions.

Brian
    Brian,

That was the boat in Homer I was referring to. It could very well be a 35. Seawolf has some basic models. The 30 and the 33 were the models I was looking at. They can stretch both of these models by two to three feet if you like by just adding more length to the cockpit.

Here is a link to the guy in Juneau with one that he charters. His comment to me about what he would want changed on the boat is that he wishes he could get one built even bigger.

http://www.charter-alaska.com/Alaska...s/Welcome.html

Jim
    Last edited by jrogers; 07-28-2008 at 16:02. Reason: typos

Default Seawolf boats

We are the Seawolf 35 that was in Meyers Chuck last year. Like another post said, they're not cheap, but the workmanship is excellent; both the aluminum and woodworking on the interior. Great attention to detail. Stenner, Crystal, and their woodworker Randy were a joy to work with all the way. We are enjoying our twin volvos a bunch--even when we stop at the fuel dock. She's really not that much of a guzzler, even compared to our 7-knot Krogen trawler. Give us a holler on 16 (m/v Grasshopper) if you see us cruising up there, oh, and if you really want a Seawolf, you better get on their list!

Grasshopper,

It is good to hear you are enjoying your boat, and welcome to the forum. I saw a few pictures of your build as I was waiting for mine to start. I am currently only a couple of weeks out from seatrials, and I plan on running up the inside passage between May 8th and May 25th (only going as far as Juneau, then putting the boat on the ferry). Mine is a 31' with a single D6. Maybe I can look you up, since Meyers Chuck is on my list of places I want to see.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    33 feet is totally out of the question unless we strike gold!
    Been looking at there 28 SC model but even it is still a way out till we sell the existing toys. But so far so good, no one has said a bad word about them yet.

I really hate the idea of selling my current Sea Sport (24 footer). But Sea Sport only offers a 24, 26, and a 30. 30 is way to expensive and a 26 isnt big enough for what we want.
    Sea Sport has introduced a 28 footer this year,
    http://www.seasportboats.com/commander.php

By sheer coincidence I just got a quote from them for their 25 foot pilothouse XC with a Yam 250 on the back.
    They come standard with diesels but I like OBs and the room they free up under the deck for fish holds/storage.

After I got over the sticker shock (150k, 21K of that in options) I looked at the pictures they sent. Man thats a beautiful boat, if I could afford it I would buy one hands down.

Maast, I didn't quite follow you. Was your quote for a Seawolf or for the Seasport?

I was just talking to Seawolf today. Mine is set to go out the door the middle of next week. They also mentioned that they have a used one for sale, which is the first time I have heard of one come up used since I have been looking at them (2+ years).

Here is a link in case anyone is interested:

http://www.seawolfmarine.com/used_boats/index.html

Jim

Sorry, I should have been more specific: The quote was for a Seawolf