Thread: Are Mathew's owners all crazy or what???

Cool Are Mathew's owners all crazy or what???

I have a bone to pick with all you Mathew's fans. I picked up a Switchback a week ago and I am not sure if I want to keep it with all the problems it is causing me. First, within the first six arrows at 20 yards, it would only shoot one inch groups. Second, as I am trying to adjust my sight pins, the dang 20 yard pin and 40 yard pin are only about a 1/4 inch apart and I have NO ROOM for a 30 yard pin! At 30 yards I am shooting Robin Hoods, and that is costing me a bundle in carbon arrows. I have NEVER had to worry about Robin Hoods, not ever! Shooting my Muzzy 100 grain practice broadheads are just as bad as the field points...at 30 yards I do not dare shoot more than 3 arrows or the keep hitting each other. I do not know what is the worst part...arrows that fly from 20 to 40 yards (almost from the same sight pin) that keep hitting each other, the lightness of the bow, the quietness, or just the plan ease of use. How I long for the old technology of heavy/noise/inaccurate bows when the sight pins were at least a 1/4 inch apart evey 10 yards or so, and by 40 yards there is at least a 1" gap from the 20 yard pin I can only imagine what it will belike on a 3D range were I no longer will have to worry what the *real* distance is as it won't really matter with this bow. Is that crazy or what?!!
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

That is just terrible ....I have the same problems with my Switchback..hahaaha

Common problem with the switchbacks. I've had the same issues with my switchback XT. It gets expensive replacing the broken parts (arrows/broadheads), but it is just too expensive to get rid of it and buy something else, so I deal with it.

I'll trade you my old Whitetail straight across it don't have those problem.
    Chuck

What are you ragging about? Ive had the same problem for five years with my Lx .And i don't mind one dang bit

Wink Sorry!

Welcome to the club looks like all the Mathews bows have this same problem (my Outback too!)

Mathews makes a fine machine alright. Smooth, hard back walls, and when they are tuned properly they are quite and a true pleasure to shoot. I have a Hoyt and I gotta say that I have the same problems though. It's not just Mathews that'll end up costing ya in arrows and such.
    Loving God, Loving People, Loving America--Serving All Three

you think thats bad , you should try shooting a ROSS!!!!

Get a life, get a bow gun!!

Default Same problem...

I have the same problem at 50 yards with my Heritage Hawk - and my grandfathers old Bear 'curve.
    http://mathewsinc.com/mathews-bows-H...t-1374-287.asp

Just kidding - but I really do with my "old" Outback..........

I have a Matthews Ignition, the adrenaline was to much for me, so Fletcher's suggested the ignition. and let me tell you, I can only shoot 6 arrows in the area of a coffee cup, the thing is too light, I like resetting things and i have yet had to reset my pins since I have had the darn thing, almost one year.

So, yeah, I must be one of the crazy ones too!

I sure do love it,
    I MEAN I HATE IT!!!!!!

Default The ol switchback gets another huh!

My XT really gets me goin too, havn't had to resight the thing in since the first sighting two years ago! I Mean come on whats the fun in that? Matter of a fact the stupid thing still shoots bullet wholes through paper.... Jeez Mathews what are you doin to these bows.
    IF GUNS KILL PEOPLE THEN CAN I BLAME MY PENCIL FOR MISSPELLED WORDS?

I'm a little crazy
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Gray View Post
    I'm a little crazy
    No Gary your not crazy .Just Insane LMAO j/k

That's what this guy found out too.... Mathews Legacy baby....
    Attached Images Attached Images