Thread: Whittier Halibut Charter

Default Whittier Halibut Charter

I remember reading about a $135 Halibut Charter out of Whitter, and I have looked a little bit, but I can not find the post about it. I remember someone said they did real well, with some decent sized fish. I am just trying to get as much information as possible about it so I can see if that's what I want to do next year, if anyone remembers this or can help me out, I would definitely appreciate it, Thanks

Default fishing

Remember that you usually get what you pay for. There are a few guys who have been around a while in Whittier and do well consistantly. The tunnel opening also brought a number of new operators, some of whom have questionable boats for making long range trips regularly. I recommend doing some research.

Default Cheap Charters - Whittier

With fuel at 3 bucks a gallon, if any operator can afford to take you for 135 dollars, I would suggest booking him up so they will go broke and get out of business faster, thus reducing my competition in the future.
    However, if you want to catch fish from Whittier, I would suggest Matt Kopec, his boat is the Sweet Pea and I think his service is Whittier Charters. He has a good safe boat and can put you on some fish in less than 500 feet of water.

I got weathered out of Whittier today for the first time in five years. Jay, riptide Charters, told me he's still ionto good fishing and is going to run his charter for at least the first 10 days of Sept is anyone in interested (632-0360). When you consider the cost of driving and overnight stays, Whittier is a decent deal.