Thread: Judging Rams

Default Judging Rams

I am going of my first sheep hunt with my Dad on August 23rd and was wondering if any of you could give me some pointers on judging rams? Any tips/tricks or other things that you find work for you will be helpful.

Thanks!

Be sure to look at all angles, one angle may show a legal ram while another may not. When your looking for sheep, don't just look for groups, look for those single dirty white dots or groups of 3. The spot I went to last year I found a group of 3 rams with 2 that were well over 40"
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Recommend search the archives where addressed in the past in detail.

Quote Originally Posted by pike_palace View Post
    Be sure to look at all angles, one angle may show a legal ram while another may not. When your looking for sheep, don't just look for groups, look for those single dirty white dots or groups of 3. The spot I went to last year I found a group of 3 rams with 2 that were well over 40"
    Hey Pike palace wanna go sheep hunting
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Oh, I'm not going sheep hunting this year. My dad is though. Maybe he'll get one of those big guys.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Default judging sheep

check the archives - here is the first example I came across, there are more.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ht=judge+sheep