Thread: Stable powder?

Default Stable powder?

I'm getting close to starting the reloading process. Just waiting on the press. Anyway I remember someone mentioning something about a temp. stable powder. What is that, and who make it? Is it important and if so, which powder would be good for working up a load for a 375 H&H. What does it do for accuracy compared to other powders? Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by tboehm View Post
    I'm getting close to starting the reloading process. Just waiting on the press. Anyway I remember someone mentioning something about a temp. stable powder. What is that, and who make it? Is it important and if so, which powder would be good for working up a load for a 375 H&H. What does it do for accuracy compared to other powders? Thanks for the help.
    I have found 4350 to be the best powder for the .375 H&H. It takes less powder to reach highest velocities with 4350, than any other powder that I know of, with the 270 and 300 grain bullets.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

More specifically, Hodgdon's H4350 for the 375 for 270 to 300+ grain bullets. It is the most temperature stable powder available for the old H&H.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?