Thread: Fishing out of Kotz? What rivers?

Question Fishing out of Kotz? What rivers?

I float NW Alaska rivers in the Fall. My wife and I take Ally pack canoes and we go there to fly fish for dollies. Having floated several rivers up there, I have not seen any hunters. Reading over a thread just a while ago, it got me thinking. What rivers are being hunted? Anyone that has been, or is planning to go out of Kotz, chime in. Wulik, Kelly, Kugururok, Nimiuktuk, Noatak, Kobuk, Kivalina, etc... Where do you hunt?
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

I'm planning a 2009 Caribou hunt out of Kotz and wanted to know more about fishing. What is the best types of fish mid September are available in the Kotz area? Can we rent canoes or catch fish without having to go far out of Kotz?

Any advice on fishing would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

Default dollies..

Depending on what river you are on, the fishing for dollies is the best in the state. Mid Sept would be the perfect time for it too. Most all the state records have came from this area of NW Alaska. Shoot me an email with some specific questions. I have floated some rivers up there (fly fishing for dollies) and would be glad to offer any info I can.

danattherock@hotmail.com

Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.