Thread: Woodleigh bullets

Default Woodleigh bullets

fellas, what is your thoughts outside the sd values in regards to the .366 dia. 320 grn. RN and the PP? Is the RN configuration more immediate in tissue damage than the PP? A pretty good buy at Midway for 48 bucks for these 320 gr. PP

I figure the heavier the better type deal, must have came from the use of my WWG .457 I had some time back. I suspect either bullet design would be a good stopper or turn around for aggressive bears or an unsuspecting one

I have plenty of 286 in both Part. and Ornyx, used the 286 Part. on a med. grizz with expected results and really the caliber was never in question to begin with. No field use with such a heavy bullet like the 320's-so what is your take?

By the way my cheap ProChrono gave up with false reading-consistently lately, so a good load with RL 15 to achieve 2150-2200fps would be.......? 52 grns. as max?

regards,

Quote Originally Posted by grizz106 View Post
    fellas, what is your thoughts outside the sd values in regards to the .366 dia. 320 grn. RN and the PP? Is the RN configuration more immediate in tissue damage than the PP? A pretty good buy at Midway for 48 bucks for these 320 gr. PP

I figure the heavier the better type deal, must have came from the use of my WWG .457 I had some time back. I suspect either bullet design would be a good stopper or turn around for aggressive bears or an unsuspecting one

I have plenty of 286 in both Part. and Ornyx, used the 286 Part. on a med. grizz with expected results and really the caliber was never in question to begin with. No field use with such a heavy bullet like the 320's-so what is your take?

By the way my cheap ProChrono gave up with false reading-consistently lately, so a good load with RL 15 to achieve 2150-2200fps would be.......? 52 grns. as max?

regards,
    If you buy from Midway and you want Woodleigh, You had better get them on the phone and verify they really have them on hand and lock the order in at that moment. What they show as in stock on the web ain't what they may or may not really have on hand. They burnt me more than once like this, never again. You NEVER GO WRONG GOING HEAVEY. As long as you have the twist to support the length and velocity to make it work. Bigger and heavier bullets at moderate velocity will always work better on game you are talking about than light weight and fast, every time.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

ordered 1 box to test for flight-field study sooner than most think. Midway has been good to me for the last 8yrs. or so as far as I can remember. Made the order yesterday, in the air currently.

Yesterday, sent my Quickload software back to get updated to Vista, that particular reloading software program is unique and I have had readings that have almost duplicated the chrono's reading. I use it to help figure pressures along with velocities along with powder efficiency.

feels like fall out there.

Who uses Quickload for additional information. Perhaps you can plugg in these number to give the data. Pressure,Velocities, Powder eff., casefill etc.

9,3x62
    Woodleigh 320gr. PP
    23 5/8" bbl
    71 gr. H2o
    3.335" COL
    RL 15 52-54 grn

that would give me a good estimate-no it is not the final word in reloading but a good source as reference.

thanks

I just found some 9.3x62 load notes that include this 320 grain bullet. Also one of their 300 grain bullets for the 9.3.

I used RL-15 and at 54.0 grains got 2179 fps and with 55.0 grains got 2237 fps with the 320 grain Woodleigh. Try that out if you have RL-15, the Norma N203B would be good if you could find it.

Quote Originally Posted by grizz106 View Post
    Who uses Quickload for additional information. Perhaps you can plugg in these number to give the data. Pressure,Velocities, Powder eff., casefill etc.

9,3x62
    Woodleigh 320gr. PP
    23 5/8" bbl
    71 gr. H2o
    3.335" COL
    RL 15 52-54 grn

that would give me a good estimate-no it is not the final word in reloading but a good source as reference.

thanks
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Perfect! thanks a bunch Murphy. Have 4#'s or so left.

Seen nothing of Norma powders-great results it seem with it.

best regards,