Thread: First Time Bow

Default First Time Bow

In the past, I've done all of my hunting with the trusty rifle, but am considering getting into bowhunting. I haven't payed a whole lot of attention to the market and was wondering what the general consensus is on a good bow for starting out? I guess there is a bowhunting forum also, but I'll try for suggestions here first.

Best place to start would be to go to some place like Archers Den in Eagle River and shoot some different bows. This will give you a chance to find something you are comfortable shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by akdd View Post
    Best place to start would be to go to some place like Archers Den in Eagle River and shoot some different bows. This will give you a chance to find something you are comfortable shooting.
    +1 on what akdd said. especially if you have long or short arms or other unique physiological characteristics, you want someone that knows bows to help walk you through your first selection. they can measure your draw length and fot the bow for you, give input on different models and draw weights, and other things.