Thread: petersburg fishing

Default petersburg fishing

Anyone fished or heard how the fishing is in and around Petersburg area. Mitchell creek, Castle river ,Kah sheets , Blind slough,Duncan Creek? Going there next week . Thanks!

Default petersburg

Newman, sorry I cant give you a report, but we are going in late August. So, I will be watching this thread also. I have not heard much, only the AK DFG report which says this may be a slower than average silver year, and halibut are about the same as past years. We'll expect a report when you return! Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by newman View Post
    Anyone fished or heard how the fishing is in and around Petersburg area. Mitchell creek, Castle river ,Kah sheets , Blind slough,Duncan Creek? Going there next week . Thanks!
    Blind Slough was closed till End of July to ALL fishing ... I was there two weeks ago... doubt the ban got lifted

King run was abysmal... water is cold and run is (hopefully) late

Halibut fishing is picking up... we got some nice ones one hour out of Petersburg past Thomas Bay. Saw a nice 300+ pounder at the Rocky Point lodge.

No idea about the rest of the salmon...

for whatever its worth... also heard that PFI (local cannery) has a hard time finding the pinks