Thread: QuadRunner brake bleeding ?

Default QuadRunner brake bleeding ?

My Dad has an older 250 Suzuki Quadrunner, and can't seem to get the brakes bled. Is there some trick to it or special equipment needed?

Quote Originally Posted by HarryHyde View Post
    My Dad has an older 250 Suzuki Quadrunner, and can't seem to get the brakes bled. Is there some trick to it or special equipment needed?
    Probably has a leaking wheel cylinder. I find on my 89 Quadrunner I have to work on wheel
    cylinders at least once every couple of years. Mud gets in there and they freeze up.
    Brakes are good for about 200 miles it seems gets spendy. Most pull the seals behind the wheel and let mud and dirt drain, otherwise it just eats the brake shoes. If wheeler brakes
    freeze in cold weather do not use power to try and brake them free, front diferential is more than your car!

Thanks kk. I will have him verify the wheel cylinders are not leaking. I asked him about it but I will have him check again. HH

Make sure when you are bleeding each brake that you put the bleed hose inside a conatiner with fluid in it, otherwise you'll be sucking air back into the system.

Thanks AH45, I will have him verify that too.