Thread: packing spotting scope

Default packing spotting scope

What suggeations for packing spotting scope ( 80mm Swarovski) whenbckpack hunting.Now I just wrap in a piece of clothing, gotta be a better way.

Doesn't Swaro make a soft case that allows you to use the scope with it on?

Default Try a sock

Those swaro cases weigh too much and probably cost a bundle. Just grab an old thin liner sock. Works great.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullcurl
    Those swaro cases weigh too much and probably cost a bundle. Just grab an old thin liner sock. Works great.
    I have size 13 feet and none of my socks will fit over the scope. Is a tube liner sock something other than what I think it is? The swavo scope cover retails locally for almost $300!!! The scope is worth alot, but sheeze, $300 bucks, gotta be a better way (I hope)

Buy a small piece of polar fleece fabric at the fabric store. roll your scope in it and secure it with a couple of athletic sweat bands. Or have your significant other sew it into a pouch with a velcro tab to hold it closed. Total cast? About 5 bucks.

Default Tell you what....

Send that bad boy Swaro up my way and I will test it out for you this year....see what works best....and then I will send it back to you and tell you what I find!!! lol!

Syracuse, New York, Wasilla, Alaska, United States

Default I use one of these

https://www.crookedhorn.com/index.ph...6fd1a853ff0c43

Still alot of extra weight with the 80mm but worth it when you need it.

Why not wrap the Swaro in lots of bubble-wrap and use a small stuff sack? For a couple bux, (if you don't have any laying around), the bubble-wrap WILL do the job. Maybe some heavy rubber bands to keep it tight around the scope?