Thread: Seward this weekend

Default Seward this weekend

Who is going to Seward this weekend? I will be there fishing with a couple of soldiers. don't know what for though. It will all depend on the Seas. Any one picking up silvers around Day Harbor?
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Gray, I don't know about Day Harbor...but went out on a charter this Tuesday and we went way out west. I think we were near Granite Island (Harris Bay)....did great on halibut and silvers there...then scored lings near the Chiswells.

I`ll be out this weekend...boat name is A SALT WEAPON (19' open cuddy) but is missing the A right now. We`ll be trolling near Agnes Cove and also around Rugged.

don't know if I should dtraight or left.
    It will all depend on the seas. Heading out around 5am.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

I will be out there. Hopefully get out to the Chiswells. Weather Report looks ok. You never know until you get there though.

Does Seward harbor have a transit spots to park overnight?
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

I think you can park in the (city-run) lots near the boat launches overnight, but I don't think you're allowed to "camp" there.

Default Seward

I am headed down in the morning. Depending on seas where we end up. I want to hit the Chiswells for buts and ling. Probably start off first around Cheval and go from there. My grandson is only here for 2 more weekends. Gotta wear him out with some more fish.

Randy

If you are talking about parking the boat in the water, they do, but they can fill up on the weekends, go the harbor master office and they can set you up with a vacant slip. It's great if you are going to be there for a couple of days. I think it;s something like $15/day.

If you are talking about parking a car you can park right across the street from the boat launch, I think it's 10 bucks a day.

I am heading down Sunday night (depending on the weather) so I would love to get an update on where the silvers are!

Steve

So how are the seas? Looks rough at the buoy South of Montague.

Default Alaska Gray et al

Give a report after the weekend if you don't mind. Taking the wife over there on Thursday/Friday this coming week. Can't go out too far in our little SeaRunner. Hope to hook her up with some fish (as well as me). I have docked there overnight, also. Weekends DO fill up fast, though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alaskariverguy View Post
    If you are talking about parking the boat in the water, they do, but they can fill up on the weekends, go the harbor master office and they can set you up with a vacant slip. It's great if you are going to be there for a couple of days. I think it;s something like $15/day.

If you are talking about parking a car you can park right across the street from the boat launch, I think it's 10 bucks a day.

I am heading down Sunday night (depending on the weather) so I would love to get an update on where the silvers are!

Steve
    Up until last year, I could often get a slip for a couple of nights from the harbormaster's office. I tried that a couple of weeks ago (wasn't on a weekend) and was told that I'd need to use transient. Using a slip wasn't given to me as an option even though I asked for one and there were plenty of empty slips overnight. If no slip and no transient space, you can always pull your boat over to the RV part and just pay like you would if you were renting an RV spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Gray View Post
    Who is going to Seward this weekend? I will be there fishing with a couple of soldiers. don't know what for though. It will all depend on the Seas. Any one picking up silvers around Day Harbor?
    We mooched for a couple by fault point about 10 days ago when we were done with halibut. They were jumping around here and there.

Was on boat last weekend with 9 other guys. We limited out in 2 hours. This was a charter boat, but everyone around us was catching them too. We would reel up one fish and 2 more would follow it up. I went out again this morning. Seas were a little rough in Pony Cove and the swells were kind of big in the open ocean. Only fished there for a few hours. Lots of boats and most were trolling. Saw one guy catch what looked like a real small Pink and that was it. We left the area around 11 AM with no action at all. Tried a little mooching by Caines Head on the way home and nothing. About 5 boats fishing there and in about 30 minutes didn't see anyone hookup.

Did the fish start biting later in the day? I was wondering if we packed it in too early.

Default anybody in Seward?

Hey guys,

Im in Seward right now. Probably leaving on sunday night.

I dont have my laptop with me so Im typing from a coffee shop here.

If any of you are headed out tomorrow (sunday) for silver and have some room for 1 or 2, Id gladly split gas etc. with you.

YOu can gimme a call at any time late at night or real early morning.

Thanks

Soda
    Random guy in Fly shop: "Where did this happen???? In real life or in Alaska?"