Thread: Ft Greely hunter ed?

Default Ft Greely hunter ed?

Does Ft Greely require a hunter ed card to hunt on their lands? Got drawn for a moose permit up there but I've long since lost my card.

Thanks.

Eric

I hunted there last Oct. I had to get a pass at the gate. You need to call everytime you are going to make sure they are not using the area you want to go for training. The pass is good for two years. They did not ask for hunter ed.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

In order to hunt, or gain legitimate recreational access for hunting, you are required to have a valid hunter ed card. This applies to any military reservation land. I beleive you can apply to F&G for a re-issue of your card. All of this only matters if you get checked by an MP. The risk is yours to take or defend as you see fit.

I went and got my recreational access permit from my pickup.

It reads. USAG-AK Conservation Officers may request inspection of the following item from any person recreating on USAG-AK land: driver's license of equivalent form of positive ID; Recreational Access Permit; proof of completion of a state approved hunter safety course; state fishing license(s) or permit(s); and any requisite post permits and applicable.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Yes you will need that card. I did that hunt last year and hunted approx. 17 minutes before I filled my tag.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.