Thread: What MUST I do?

Question What MUST I do?

Hey all, just found the board and looked around. I am heading up to Alaska West for 2 weeks starting 22 Aug. My brother and I will be in Anchorage early and have a free day (21 Aug) to do whatever. What's the one thing we must do or see while we are there? Driving's not an issue as long as I can get there and back in day. Want to save Denali for when the wife comes with me next year.

Quote Originally Posted by vossman View Post
    Hey all, just found the board and looked around. I am heading up to Alaska West for 2 weeks starting 22 Aug. My brother and I will be in Anchorage early and have a free day (21 Aug) to do whatever. What's the one thing we must do or see while we are there? Driving's not an issue as long as I can get there and back in day. Want to save Denali for when the wife comes with me next year.
    You could go fishing on a charter. Seward is fairly close, as is Whittier. I would bet it would be fun for you if you are into it. And, you will likely catch some pretty nice fish. Otherwise, hit the Bush Company, Chilkoot Charlies, all the stuff downtown, museums if that is your scene, or simply wet a line at the mud hole (Ship Creek). You also could go out to Hatcher's Pass, the Matanuska Glacier, Charter a flight to the Knik Glacier, or take a ride to somewhere on the train. There are too many suggestions that you could do in one day. You should stop by the information booth in Anchorage. I think it is on 4th Avenue.