Thread: Transporter

Default Transporter

Do you have to have a licensed transporter take you across the bay from hommer to go hunting or can you use any of the water taxis ? If I am reading the regs right as long as the go there as part of the bussiness and are not providing other services in the field for you it's ok. Let me know what you think planing a spring bear hunt for next year

Default yep

You are correct. If its going that way already, you are pretty well in the clear. It when the trip is specifically to transport you the hunter. There are about 100 other caviats to that but that and good judgement will get you by.

You might PM HomerDave. He has the most info in getting back and forth across Kachemak Bay as he has one of the Water Taxi's here and he has his transporter lic. I am pretty sure.
    Take care of the earth. It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children.

homer, alaska

Default no scheduled trips

since all the water taxis here operate on a "when you want, where you want" schedule, we are all essentially mini-charters.
    if you were to take the tustemena to seldovia that would fall under the "regularly scheduled" definition.
    so the answer is yes, your taxi must be a licensed transporter to be legal.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"