Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Transporter

  1. #1

    Default Transporter

    Do you have to have a licensed transporter take you across the bay from hommer to go hunting or can you use any of the water taxis ? If I am reading the regs right as long as the go there as part of the bussiness and are not providing other services in the field for you it's ok. Let me know what you think planing a spring bear hunt for next year

  2. #2
    Member AK-HUNT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006

    Default yep

    You are correct. If its going that way already, you are pretty well in the clear. It when the trip is specifically to transport you the hunter. There are about 100 other caviats to that but that and good judgement will get you by.

  3. #3
    Member akcowgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006


    You might PM HomerDave. He has the most info in getting back and forth across Kachemak Bay as he has one of the Water Taxi's here and he has his transporter lic. I am pretty sure.
    Take care of the earth. It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children.

  4. #4
    Member homerdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    homer, alaska

    Default no scheduled trips

    since all the water taxis here operate on a "when you want, where you want" schedule, we are all essentially mini-charters.
    if you were to take the tustemena to seldovia that would fall under the "regularly scheduled" definition.
    so the answer is yes, your taxi must be a licensed transporter to be legal.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts