Thread: Trading Reds for other seafood?

Default Trading Reds for other seafood?

about 5 years ago when I was in Soldotna I ended up with boxes and boxes of reds. The packaging/processing place I used (forget the name) let me trade some of my reds for Halibut and even some shrimp. Is this very common for processors to offer?

I would love to trade some reds this year for some halibut, or possibly even crab if that's possible. Does anyone know of any processors around Soldotna that may be willing to take my reds off my hands for some other meat? Any input is appreciated. Thanks

If it was a sport caught fish this is technically illegal as the regulations say that you cannot sell, barter, or trade sport caught fish. However, while I am not a lawyer, I imply this to mean trading fish for something else such as a lawnmower, tractor, jet boat, float plane, and other things that are not fish. In my eyes it is an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth, and it should be acceptable to exchange a fish for a fish. But, I am sure that the fish cops and the regulation dissectors will chime in shortly to tell me I am wrong.

hmm, yea I dunno what legalities would come into play.

Yeah, and don't be sharing fish with your mother, if she is not in your household!!!