Thread: Dipping update 7-24-08 @ 7:45 am

Default Dipping update 7-24-08 @ 7:45 am

Dipnetting looks slow this morning. Cold wind and rain doesn't make it look very appealing. Last night looked slow as well. Hopefully another push of fish will head this way.

Scott

Checked out Chitna on Tuesday, no one getting there limits. Too many people for my taste. Hem had a line and said He couldn't take me out, possibly an over night drop, otherwise "put your gear in the line and wait till morning". He would drop you off in the first spot that opened up, there was no choice of where you could fish. Ton's of ATV's running back and forth. I was driving up the Rich yesterday and seen at least 75 trucks with atv's/ nets and another 40 cars with nets. One would think there was a run of fish moving through.

Quote Originally Posted by burbear View Post
    Checked out Chitna on Tuesday, no one getting there limits. Too many people for my taste. Hem had a line and said He couldn't take me out, possibly an over night drop, otherwise "put your gear in the line and wait till morning". He would drop you off in the first spot that opened up, there was no choice of where you could fish. Ton's of ATV's running back and forth. I was driving up the Rich yesterday and seen at least 75 trucks with atv's/ nets and another 40 cars with nets. One would think there was a run of fish moving through.

From what I have heard from a few friends that normally do pretty well from shore, is it is rather slow......but I am paraphrasing; the words that they used to describe it are not appropriate for this site. Boaters are getting fish.

Default Kenai River Update

Sorry, I should have specidied, I am giving a update on the Kenai River.

Scott

As far as the crowd at Chitina Tuesday it wasn't anywhere near what it was over the weekend.