Thread: anyone been upto the little sue

Default anyone been upto the little sue

I was wondering how the little sue was doing with the silvers? has it been slow or can you go in and catch them in about an hour or 2? I use my boat so it shouldnt be that long to catch my limit.

P.S. if anyone wants to go up to the little sue anyday of the week(no job yet but looking) let me know. just pay for some gas. thanks chris

A freind came over and said it was pretty good at the mouth. Where do you usually put your boat in? Was thinking maybe leave from ship creek and go over.

Default no way

no way! I would never go over from ship creek. Theres alot of mud and little streams threw there around the mouth. And if you make the wrong turn you could end up on the mud when tide goes out leaving u stranded until the next tide. i go to burma landing and go down. Alot safer and easier to find the mouth.

Well thats good to know. Where do all the boats go that leave ship creek? I assumed that was where they go.

Default dont know

You know I have never asked them. Follow them and they might lead u right to it. Unless there going to the big sue and dont want to drive all that way. I have no idea

Mark

Today's Anchorage Daily News:

The weather's been lousy, and the king salmon took a pass on many Mat-Su streams this year. But Valley fishaholics can hold out hope for tight lines without making the long drive to Glennallen or the Kenai.

The silver, or coho, salmon run is off to one of its best starts ever. It's still early and biologists are wary of making grandiose predictions, but they're crossing their fingers.

"You can't get too excited ... but it's definitely looking good across our area right now," Palmer-based state fisheries biologist Sam Ivey said Monday.

Among the signs for excitement in what has otherwise been a ho-hum salmon fishing year are:........

......On the Little Susitna River, anglers this past weekend reported an average catch of more than a silver per person. Given a certain number of people who couldn't catch a fish on dry land, that's not just good, that's "red hot," said Dave Rutz, the state biologist responsible for overseeing sport fisheries in Mat-Su......

Default where

Do you have to go way down river or are the fish up above the landing yet. I am heading down there tomorrow for about 5 days just wounding witch way to go.