Thread: pick up and drop off in Valdez!

Default pick up and drop off in Valdez!

I was wondering if anyone know's about a pick up and drop off service??

I have a 18' boat and will be spending 5 days in Valdez. I will have four adults and would rather pay a little $$ to get gear droped off. It would be better than making two or three trips.

Im thinking of heading out mabey 15-20 miles to camp on a beach so they can get the Alaskan experiance.

Thanks for any help!
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Pangea kayak tours offers a water taxi service to drop of kayakers. You might get them to drop off some gear for you. I have never used them, but have seen the service on their website.

http://www.alaskasummer.com/pages/watertaxi.html

Quote Originally Posted by motorboatn View Post
    I was wondering if anyone know's about a pick up and drop off service??

I have a 18' boat and will be spending 5 days in Valdez. I will have four adults and would rather pay a little $$ to get gear droped off. It would be better than making two or three trips.

Im thinking of heading out mabey 15-20 miles to camp on a beach so they can get the Alaskan experiance.

Thanks for any help!
    The going rate out of Whittier right now is pushing $10/nautical mile. It would probably be cheaper for you to make a couple of trips.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Default If i had a 70-90

If I had a 70-90 horse outboard it wouldn't be as big a deal. But with my 50 it make hauling slow slow going!

Thanks for the info!
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.