Thread: Yami 150 4stroke 200 hr service

Default Yami 150 4stroke 200 hr service

Anyone had it done recently? Wondering how much its going to set me back and also who does them at the most reasonable rates, or can it be done by a do-it-yourselfer, like myself. I change the oil and lower case every season, thats about it. Andy
    2006 22ft Defiance 220EX
    150 HP Yamaha 4-Stroke
    Call Sign - "Defiance"

I did the lower unit oil, engine oil & filter,and grease zerks. The racor should be changed at the end of each season. Is there anything else at 200 hrs? My f 225 now has 675 hrs.

Mine is at the Deweys now getting the service. I will let you know how much it costs as soon as I pick it up and exactly what they did.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by alaskariverguy View Post
    Mine is at the Deweys now getting the service. I will let you know how much it costs as soon as I pick it up and exactly what they did.

Steve
    Cool let us know... End of the season I will have the 200 hrs service done.
    Wondering what that all details from Dewey's. I saw in the owners manual what they recomend for 200 hrs.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Q's for the 150 4stk owners

You guys that are running the Yami 4 Stroke 150:

1) were you running a 150 2stoker before?

2) if yes, how much has your fuel consumption gone down since switching?

3) if no - approx what is your GPH burn rate and "size" of boat etc?

Default Im right at 200 hrs

Can it wait till end of the season? Would sure hate to take the boat out of commission due to this? Again oiled, lubed and greased at the beginning of the season.
    2006 22ft Defiance 220EX
    150 HP Yamaha 4-Stroke
    Call Sign - "Defiance"

200 hour service is now complete. The motor actually had 235 hours on it because the fishing was too good to take it in. I made an apt for Tues, dropped it off Monday afternoon and they did not do it until Thurs afternoon after I called yesterday to check on it and called again today in the early afternoon (good thing I had an apt). Anyway, be prepared to leave it there for a while as the turn around is obviously slow.

As for the service itself:
    "changed engine oil, oil filter, gear lube and drain plus gaskets. Checked mounting bolts and prop nut. in line filter ok. ran on hose. pumps water good, starts good, idles good. shifts good."

1 hour labor $114
    Parts $52.45
    Shop Supplies $5.00
    Total cost $171.45

Steve

"changed engine oil, oil filter, gear lube and drain plus gaskets. Checked mounting bolts and prop nut. in line filter ok. ran on hose. pumps water good, starts good, idles good. shifts good."

1 hour labor $114
    Parts $52.45
    Shop Supplies $5.00
    Total cost $171.45

Steve
    Seems like it could easily be a 2 beer project and save a few dollars, too.

Arctic Hunter,

I would do the oil/lower unit lube change every hundred hours if it were mine. On my pair of F100's on the old hewes, I had Deweys change out the water pumps at 800 hours. They looked brand new. The tech said that if I ran it in Cook Inlet, they would not have lasted this long due to all the silt in the water. Change the fluids and run it like you stole it!
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Talking Dang!!!

Thanks Steve,

I kept thinking it was gonna set me back a few hundred more than that. Since new, Ive changed the oil 3 times and lower case twice & flush it after every trip. Just changed out my prop & greased all the zerks. Runs just fine. Heck sounds like Im covered, except that I need to check the inline filter. I guess I could have those 2 beers while Im doing that.

Hate to have the Yamaha dealer hold my boat hostage for any length of time

So does anyone know if it voids the warranty if you do not have an authorized yamaha dealer perform this?
    2006 22ft Defiance 220EX
    150 HP Yamaha 4-Stroke
    Call Sign - "Defiance"

200 hour service is now complete. The motor actually had 235 hours on it because the fishing was too good to take it in. I made an apt for Tues, dropped it off Monday afternoon and they did not do it until Thurs afternoon after I called yesterday to check on it and called again today in the early afternoon (good thing I had an apt). Anyway, be prepared to leave it there for a while as the turn around is obviously slow.

1 hour labor $114
    Parts $52.45
    Shop Supplies $5.00
    Total cost $171.45

Steve
    I do all the fluid and lube myself. Wonder how much less that would cost then? I know the one hour labor you can't get out of.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Here is the parts breakdown

6 Bulk Oil $17.70
    1 Oil Filer $22.95
    2 Shop Gear Lube $9.90
    2 Gasket $1.90

I know that I don't make $114 an hour (even on overtime) so maybe I should rethink taking it to the dealer. But I keep thinking that I don't want the engine leaving me stranded because I screwed up something.

Steve

Here is the parts breakdown

6 Bulk Oil $17.70
    1 Oil Filer $22.95
    2 Shop Gear Lube $9.90
    2 Gasket $1.90

I know that I don't make $114 an hour (even on overtime) so maybe I should rethink taking it to the dealer. But I keep thinking that I don't want the engine leaving me stranded because I screwed up something.

Steve
    I think that doing things like this builds the intimate relationship that one needs with his boat. You surely should do it.

Default gasket question

I just completed my 10 hour oil/filter change, lower gear oil change on my new F150. I did not change out the gaskets on the lower unit gear oil openings. Is that going to be a problem? They looked like they were in good shape. Should I be concerned?

Yes,you should use new drain plug gaskets,and make sure the screws are tight. Owner maintenance should not affect warranty. I keep a log, and parts receipts. The charge for the 200 hr. service seems reasonable to me.