Thread: Question about Talley Rings w/ my Tikka T3

Default Question about Talley Rings w/ my Tikka T3

As a few of the threads have suggested, I intend to go with the Talley Lightweight one piece rings for my new Tikka T3 in 7mm rem mag. I have a 4x-12x by 40mm scope that I would like to mount on it. The Talley rings state that the "Low" mounts are for scopes up to 44mm.

The only local rings are the "Med" out at Boondocks. So I would have to order the "Low" mounts off the internet and I want to make darn sure I am getting the right ones. I was hoping to get some feedback from those of you who have mounted these rings on if the Low or Med are better for this setup. If I went with medium would the scope be too high off the stock?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Default Talley Scope rings

If I remember my math from a couple of years ago, the difference from "low" to "med" was about 1/8". If you are concerned, call them out in S.C. at 803-854-5700. Gary will know right off.

I went ahead and ordered the "Low" from midway USA, as well as a limbsaver. From the research I did on the net this appears to be the right height. Hopefully I can still fit my butler creek flip cap on the end

You'll be fine, I was running a 3.5-10x40 on mine on low Talleys with BC's with no hitches.