Thread: Weather

Default Weather

We here in the lower 48 keep hearing that SE Alaska has had a terribly wet summer. Precipitation being way above normal. Is that true?

Well, yes. Even up in Anchorage and the Matsu Valley we have been hammered with rain for the last two weeks. As of yesterday Anchorage officially received 4.87 inches over the time period. Cordova received over 4 inches in less than a day. A little farther north the rain was much worse. The road between Anchorage and Fairbanks (Parks Highway) washed out and just reopened today. You can go to http://www.state.ak.us/local/communit.shtml click on the community and get the current weather by navigating around a little.

I live in Anchorage and all most had to buy a cannoe jsut to go and check my mail
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Hammered...

The title says it all.

The Daily News even ran a story about chum salmon finning in someones yard!

That's the hard luck of the draw when you live in the Lower 48. You can do all your research and planning, but if Alaska wants her own way, she gets it...

hrrp//www.alaskanauthor.com

Rain? What Rain?

That is liquid sunshine! I love Alaska!

Default rain

id have to agree with blackrock on that one. im in the valley, and even though we had all that rain (had i say had!!!) i still went out fishing and still caught a mess of fish! its really not much of an Alaskan adventure if you dont leave the couch!
    <"}}}{
    (rain or shine or snow and ice...im going fishing!!!)