Thread: dc608 killey river caribou - float plane or horsepack?

Default dc608 killey river caribou - float plane or horsepack?

Have cub on floats, what small lake puts me closest to the critters?

Big Lake

Try Fire Lake Just kidding I'm going by horse have no idea where other than the trail head on the map.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Default Harvey Lake

Harvey Lake is the closest option I'm aware of but you still will have several miles to get to the caribou. High Adventure flies into Harvey Lake but hunters generally pick up horses there.
    Horses can access this country by taking the Pollard trail and skirting the north end of the lake, then up Bear Creek trail. The other access would is a trail off of Funny River Road. The old Hansen trail would be the preferred route from this direction, starting near Brown's Lake.
    It has been a couple of years since I've been up in that country. I have the horses but haven't connected with a draw. There is always next year. It is a beautiful area to hunt. Good Luck.