Thread: Best Bilge Pumps

Default Best Bilge Pumps

I've got a 2004 SeaSport with a couple of ShurFlo 1500 gph bilge pumps. One of them just quit working, and I'm thinking about replacing both while I'm at it.

So the question is, should I just go with two more ShurFlos, or would I be better off with another brand? Rule bilge pumps seem to be pretty highly rated. At this point, I think I'm leaning toward the Rule 1500 gold with a 5-year warranty.

Any opinions out there?

Been wondering that same question myself. Have a couple of bilge pumps I want to replace too.

double post...ooops.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

I upgraded to Rule pumps with my old hewescraft. I believe that they were the 2000 gold. They worked awesome! They would launch halibut slime and whatever accumulated in the bildge. If you are going to get the 1500, you might as well go with the 2000 series. They are both 1 1/8" outputs. bigger is better IMO.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Used to use Rule pumps all the time but switched to Johnson pumps and they seem to be a bit better built than Rule's. Get'em with as big a capacity as possible, never have enough pump.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Default Rule is solid

I can say that I've seen Rule Pump's empty the leftover grime out of the fishhold of a Bristol Bay gillnetter (after we pumped the majority overboard with our Refrigerated Seawater Unit connected pump). Never had a problem in several seasons.

Can't say the same for my personal skiffs as I had a smaller Rule burn up on me so i'd be curious about Potbuilder's pumps but the Rule's seem to be pretty good.