Thread: Updated property pics!

Default Updated property pics!

We are about 1 month into our project of finishing up some property we bought. THought I would post some updated pics. This project may kill me, but at least I'll die happy!!

Still wondering what would be the best way to heat this place. It's 6300 sq ft, and I have two wood stoves. I'm considering going with an aqua therm, but still not sure.

I have solar, wind and water systems being installed in the next few weeks. Estimated power outage on is around 8000W. Hopefully that will be enough to run the basics.

Thoughts?

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Default inside

One more pic of inside of first floor. It's mostly done. Will move work and tools to next floor hopefully by September.

Very nice! I see lots of hard work has been done. Keep us updated!

Thumbs up

very luck man, i was wanting that place bad but dont have the cash flow. i envy you. have fun with it. what are your plans? personal getaway or are you thinking of useing it for business purposes? good luck to you.

Default Plans

I hear ya on wanting the property. I've been looking at it for a few years, and kinda keeping it in the back of my mind... finally pulled the trigger on it this spring. I've been hunting that exact area for moose for the last 7 years, and it sure is in an idea location. My plans are to run a lodge of some sort out of it. Really pushing hard to be able to rent out rooms and do meals and beer by this September 1st. We'll see how far I get. Got Susitna Energy looking at installing some sort of power. They did my site survey yesterday, so I'm anxiously awaiting them to tell me what they can do.

If you know of any carpenters, plumbers, electricians or general laborors out there, let me know. I don't have much cash left, but I can trade lodging for as long as I own the place to anyone that wants to help out. Also looking for a winter caretaker this winter. Someone that can rent out rooms to snow machiners, and keep everything working.

I'll be installing phone, internet, and tv in the next few weeks.

www.alpinecreeklodge.com
    Claude Bondy
    907-283-3775

Default Flooring down!

Got my flooring down last weekend, and also filled in 'windows' into rooms with insulation and sheetrock! Two stoves going in Thursday! Just plugging away! hunting season is almost here, and I don't want to be messing around working on the place during that time!

Default Yet more pic's! Almost completed the first floor!

A hunting season spent more working on the property then hunting, but a lot of fun. We got satellite internet (Hughes net) installed and working! Also, satellite tv working. Put in 130' of deck around the front and ends, finished putting up doors, furnished 8 rooms. 6 rooms with twin bunk beds, and two with queens. Anyhow, things are moving along!

Drove by the place on the Saturday headed toward paxton.Looks real nice the way you cleared some of the brush and trees around the place. Opened it up a bit..Beautiful.

Default a couple more pics

some more pic's