Thread: ? Silvers from shore in Seward?

Default ? Silvers from shore in Seward?

Hey guys,

Does anyone know if there are any silvers from shore in Seward yet? I like Seward because my girlfriend likes to go around town while I fish.

I need to catch at least one silver and one pink before Aug. 2nd to complete my plan...

to take over the world!!!!

I mean, to catch all 5 salmon species.
    Random guy in Fly shop: "Where did this happen???? In real life or in Alaska?"

Quote Originally Posted by sodabiscuit12345 View Post
    Hey guys,

Does anyone know if there are any silvers from shore in Seward yet? I like Seward because my girlfriend likes to go around town while I fish.

I need to catch at least one silver and one pink before Aug. 2nd to complete my plan...

to take over the world!!!!

I mean, to catch all 5 salmon species.
    Soda,
    about this time of year, I have always been able to catch Silvers and Pinks over in Thumb Cove from a kayak. You can catch a water taxi from Miller's Landing, and go over there for a day of fishing.....

I fished from shore in Seward last Friday at high tide with a few others folks and only saw one pink caught. Might be a tad early yet, but hopefully any day they'll show up.

Soda, for the silver try off Nash road by the Pit bar at resurrection creek or whatever it's called.

For the pinks try Hope as I hear they are in, and that place is awesome.

Or bird creek as I hear they are just moving in both pinks and silvers, but mainly pinks.

PM me and I'll tell you a secret hole, and MAY have silvers but it most likely to early.

thanks for the info guys.

Ive still got more than a week so maybe they will hit stronger in the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by akseakayaker View Post
    Soda,
    about this time of year, I have always been able to catch Silvers and Pinks over in Thumb Cove from a kayak. You can catch a water taxi from Miller's Landing, and go over there for a day of fishing.....
    Where is thumb cove?

Is it pretty protected water?

Would I stay in the kayak and troll, or cast from shore?

lots of questions...

thanks in advance.

I think you are early for beach silvers. However, thumb cove is a very nice place to camp, relax, and the scenery is to die for. And yeah, sometimes the fishing is pretty good too. However, it is still a little early to really have great success from the beaches in and around Seward.

Quote Originally Posted by T.R. Bauer View Post
    I think you are early for beach silvers. However, thumb cove is a very nice place to camp, relax, and the scenery is to die for. And yeah, sometimes the fishing is pretty good too. However, it is still a little early to really have great success from the beaches in and around Seward.
    Ditto...they aren`t quite in that far yet...saw jumpers on the other side of Rugged Island last weekend. Should be in this week though.

Anyone know how they're doing on the beaches?

Default fishing

Soda, Family and I will be down there next week until friday. You are more than welcome to join me. However if weather will be nice and seas pretty much calm I will be heading to thumb cove in my 17' jon boat. depends on the weather. I want some silvers so im gonna do everything I can to catch them. I've also heard you can catch halibut in thumb cove so i might try that too. depends on weather though.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinman View Post
    Soda, Family and I will be down there next week until friday. You are more than welcome to join me. However if weather will be nice and seas pretty much calm I will be heading to thumb cove in my 17' jon boat. depends on the weather. I want some silvers so im gonna do everything I can to catch them. I've also heard you can catch halibut in thumb cove so i might try that too. depends on weather though.
    Hi Bruinman! Thanks for the offer. If I were still in AK Id love to but I left 3 weeks ago. Maybe next year! Very nice offer. Always love meeting fellow fishermen.

Quote Originally Posted by Zissou View Post
    Anyone know how they're doing on the beaches?
    Was wondering this myself, are they in enough that it's worth the drive/gas down there to do some beach fishing?

Jon
    Nurse by night, Alaska adventurer by day!