Thread: Stabi-Craft Boats

Talking Stabi-Craft Boats

Anyone have any experience with these boats from New Zealand? They are supposed to be the pioneers of the ACB's and have some cool units out now. Considering that they are about half the cost of an ACB for a 26 footer, I am looking into them. Dealer claims that they are virtually unsinkable and handle the seas great like an ACB. According to the website, they have figured out a way to make the chambers in a D shape to maximize space so it can sleep 4 (2 in cuddy and 2 on dinette berth). Dealer in Soldotna claims that shipping from New Zealand is about the same as Seattle since they ship it back in empty ships coming back from NZ. Spoke to a guy in Homer who has one and says that he give it very high marks.

Any comments from the old salts on this forum?

Mark

Default Stabi-Craft

Nice concept for a boat. The tubes rob some deck and cabin space. Gotta watch where you drill holes. Cabin and cockpit is noticably smaller than my 2525 Kingfisher. You might want to look at the size of the dinette bed. Maybe fit 2 kids. I was on the blue one from Homer I think you speak of. The boat is set up for mainly day trips, but 2 can overnight ok. What's the price, rigged with a 225 outboard, gps, vhf, wallas stove, windlass, etc etc...?
    Kingfisher 2525. 225, 20, and 2hp Hondas.

According to the dealer, the new models have the "D" shaped chambers and really have come close in interior space as standard alum boats. The quote for twin 135 Honda was being quoted around $90K. Seems certainly not out of line for a 25.5 footer with a cabin. Down right a steal if you compare it with an ACB though. I do not know what all is included but if I know sales people, it includes nothing. Add 5K to 10K to it for a complete deal I think. Food for thought. I do like the safety aspect of it.

You say you rode in the blue one. Did you notice any differences in the ride on how it handles chops and waves? The dealer was making a big deal of it and I just wanted an unbiased opinion.

Mark