Thread: Campbell Ceek silvers

Default Campbell Ceek silvers

Looking for a place to hit after work during the week in and around anchorage. How is the silver fishing at campbell? Is there any fish there yet?
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

Default Aug. 1?

I'm pretty certain Campbell creek opened August 1st last year but I haven't checked this year. Where the river goes under the road at Dimond, quite a few folks pool up there and throw roe an' spinners in the morning. I'm quite an avid catcher but Campbell just seems tricky to me. The fish dodge everything. I've had 'em swim toward my roe, open their mouth an' then turn an' leave. The same roe other places kills fish, its retarted or I just haven't figured it out. I think it gets a magnitude of pressure.

The fish in campbell are regularly snagged and have lures thrown at them all day making them typically very very skiddish

Dimond to C Street open from July 25 - Oct 1. C Street to Shelikof, and Lake Otis to Piper Street open from Aug 5 - Oct 1.

Default Where to access

Where's a good access point for between Dimond and C St. ? I did the google earth street view and it looked like there was public access off of Artic?

Quote Originally Posted by Hogslice View Post
    Where's a good access point for between Dimond and C St. ? I did the google earth street view and it looked like there was public access off of Artic?
    I don't think there is one unless you park in a neighborhood and walk down to the creek. Or park in the Gallo's parking lot.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Campbell Creek is definitely best mid to late August. There is a little street off of Austin Rd. (sorry i can't remember its name) near all of the site condo's that has parking and creek access. From there you can walk down the trail that runs along the Creek. Any place where the creek takes a sharp bend typically has a nice slow spot that fish hold up on. This section of the creek (above Arctic) is only open after August 15th.

In normal years this creek is amazingly responsive to rain. Typically within 12 hours of the first good rain in August there are fish moving up the river.

There is also a small, public parking lot just west of the Dimond bridge. There is a small boardwalk where you can fish the deep hole just upstream of the bridge.

From there, you can access an angler-made trail on the west side of the creek, or walk across the Dimond bridge to a paved bike/walking path off of Victor/Northwood, kitty-corner from Fred Meyer that parallels the creek in many places. Google maps shows the path.

So is it worth fishing or not?
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

Default Not Yet

The creek is closed for fishing for silvers uintil 7/25 from the lake up to C street. from C street to Piper it is closed until 8/5.

So no, I wouldn't fish for silvers yet, Rainbow & dollies is OK, but bows are Catch and release only.