Thread: Plug-ins in Valdez?

Default Plug-ins in Valdez?

Hi,

We're thinking of coming down to Valdez this weekend to take kids fishing for pinks off Allison Point ...Are there any 115 V plug-ins at the campground or elsewhere so I can bring my vacuum packer and process the fish there? The van will be crowded, so it would be best to fillet the fish there and bring them home packed and iced in a single cooler ...saves space.

Brian

To the best of my knowledge I don't believe there are any plug-ins at the campground over there. You could stay at the Sea Otter on the outer edge, they have plug-ins, fire pits, and showers to boot. You can catch pinks off that shoreline too, not as many there as Allison point but have caught quite a few right off the rocks there. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by fishnhuntr View Post
    To the best of my knowledge I don't believe there are any plug-ins at the campground over there. You could stay at the Sea Otter on the outer edge, they have plug-ins, fire pits, and showers to boot. You can catch pinks off that shoreline too, not as many there as Allison point but have caught quite a few right off the rocks there. Have fun.
    You're right, there are no hookups out at allison point at all but almost everybody in town will have full hookups including internet. Unless something was added this year, Allison point offers only hauled potable water and fairly clean toilets. and a payphone if you need that.

Thanks ...I think I'll just do the usual and fillet, rinse, plop into a plastic bag and keep submersed in fresh ice ...fillets freeze up fairly well if you keep the layer of fish flat and ice between layers. We'll v-pack when we get home (or have a canning fest).

Brian