Thread: ATV winch...where to buy?

Default ATV winch...where to buy?

I need to get a winch put on the ATV ASAP. Does anybody have any ideas on where to buy? and also where to have one put on my wheeler? I'd like to stay out of the big buck shops like HartleyMotors in Wasilla... Any ideas? I live in Wasilla.
    Thanks,
    Johnny

In Anchorage Id go to Six States and install it your self.

Motosport on the internet
    Warn XT 2500 with synthetic rope on your doorstep in four days for 339.00-
    thats tough to beat. (free shipping to Alaska for $100.00 or more)
    Plus mounting plate from your dealer or sometimes sportsmans warehouse and put it on yourself.

Go to AIH and see if they have any on sale still. If so, get the Warn 2500 and install yourself. What type of four-wheeler do you have? If it's old, I doubt you have the mounting bracket area for the winch, but most new four-wheelers do (at least the one's I've seen).

Quote Originally Posted by EMoss#83 View Post
    Motosport on the internet
    Warn XT 2500 with synthetic rope on your doorstep in four days for 339.00-
    thats tough to beat. (free shipping to Alaska for $100.00 or more)
    Plus mounting plate from your dealer or sometimes sportsmans warehouse and put it on yourself.
    I agree with ordering from Motosport. The Warn XT is the newest model that has o-rings to seal out the water and silt. Also, if you mount it yourself, mount the contactor (relay) someplace high and dry. Use dielectric grease on all electrical connections. Happy winching.

I got the Viper 3000 max with synthetic rope for $250.00 delivered. It is supposed to be water proof and if you ask for the Highlifter discount at Motoalliance you'll get it a little cheaper. They'll send it USPS Priority so you get it quickly. Mine failed to free spool after trying to kill it in the bogs but still pulled and powered out very well. Used it several times that day totally submerged in the black, stinky and nasty mud. Contacted Kristy at Motoalliance and they sent me for free a new set of gears and case to fix the free spool problem no questions asked. They also sent me a new spool as I damaged the original removing cable. Customer service with this company is amazing, the C.E.O. of the company even responds to forum messages on Highlifter.com. Look under ATV accessories for all sorts of positive feedback on the winch. Oh, the kit they send you for 250 has everything you need to take it from the box and put it on the wheeler, mounting plate etc...