Thread: Kenai Dipnetting Thieves

Default Kenai Dipnetting Thieves

Just a fair warning. My brother in law just got back from dipnetting Kenai side. Some piece of crap stole his fish. He was down there byhimself and caught a few fish, first time was 10. Put it in the cooler and went back to fish again. Apparently someone decided to help themselves to his fish. Came back with his next catch and realized 3 of his fish were gone. Some people are just plain jerks!

All in all he did come back with 18 fish. So I guess it wasn't too bad.
    Last edited by Daveinthebush; 07-20-2008 at 21:26. Reason: language

This stuff happens every year. Hang on to your fish and your gear or it is likely to grow legs and walk away. We have read a lot of post about this type of stuff over the years.

Yeah, same thing happened to me last year. I had 5 fish in a large rubbermaid container about 30 yds above the surf, went back to my truck briefly (there on the South shore), walked by my container, and a fish was gone. So ridiculous when there are so many fish for the taking that some jerk would do that. Watch your fish, but more importantly watch your gear, which costs a lot more then those fish, and lock your truck when you're not near it. Unfortunately things like this attract a fair share of "trash" that thinks it's okay to steal from others.

Default Sorry Dude

WE were there on the 16th and had a great time. Most of the folks were just glad to see them in and we got ours. Maybe because it was just getting going and the Aholes hadn't heard about it yet. Over all we had a great bunch of people to bump elbows with. Shared advice and showed different fillet and cleaning, or not cleaning styles. I was a bit nervous to start hauling things to the beach by myself before my husband got back just afraid to leave part there and take part of it. But as I said it wasn't that crowded. In fact we even had a couple of people stop and help us get our cooler out of there!! It was VERY heavy! So sorry to hear that you were vicitimized! I tend to think what goes around comes around so I hope you can keep a positive outlook!

Sad to see people take the easy way in life...

Should have a rule like they do like they do over seas. They cut the hand off if they get caught

This will get the message out quick
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Scum like this had better hope that they don't get caught and end up on the receiving end of vigilante justice. Not that I'd be all for that

Default Only once

If I caught them they wouldn't do it again guaranteed!

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

Check this out lol I called my buddy on the north side on saturday as I was on the south side and he sounded pissed I asked what's up and he tells me he just got done dippin and went to his tent and unzipped it and low and behold there is a 45 year old filipino smoking weed in his tent lmmfao. All i could do is laugh he said his gf was begging him not to hit him and it was all he could do to restrain himself from it. Would not have been me he would have been pulled out of the tent by his hair and knee'ed in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by 06tributeman View Post
    Check this out lol I called my buddy on the north side on saturday as I was on the south side and he sounded pissed I asked what's up and he tells me he just got done dippin and went to his tent and unzipped it and low and behold there is a 45 year old filipino smoking weed in his tent lmmfao. All i could do is laugh he said his gf was begging him not to hit him and it was all he could do to restrain himself from it. Would not have been me he would have been pulled out of the tent by his hair and knee'ed in the face.

It wasn't Sodabiscuit12345 was it, I think I remember him saying he was filipino. I know he's running around the state stalking fish. Maybe he was taking a much needed break from his fish stalking. Listening to Bob Marley and smoking some Bud!!!!!

You know for the theives it makes one want to set some fish off to the side and maybe some gear and watch from a distance. when they grab your gear give them a little barracks dance like we called it in the Corps when we caught a barracks thief. They wont be back!

Quote Originally Posted by DRIFTER_016 View Post
    It wasn't Sodabiscuit12345 was it, I think I remember him saying he was filipino. I know he's running around the state stalking fish. Maybe he was taking a much needed break from his fish stalking. Listening to Bob Marley and smoking some Bud!!!!!

No way it was soda. He is to kind. He would have offered you the joint, had your fish cooked and cleaned up your site, and handed you a cold beer. No way it was the soda man
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Sounds like Soda is my kind of guy!

Thumbs down >>>--------->

Thiefs and fish thiefs have got to go!My buddy Mike caught a nice still fresh King on the last day of Ship Creek fishing.He put it on his back tailgate and went around front to his hood to record it on his liscence.He came around back a moment later to see two Samoans hightailing down the road with it.
    He had his toddler daughter with him,so he could not pursue.
    Hope they choked on the bones!
    Last edited by FishSean; 07-22-2008 at 06:01. Reason: misspell

Default Hell No!

I'm not a naive person but this all sounds shocking. I've personally never had any issues with this sort of B.S. I've only come across friendly courteous sportsmanship when I'm out there. These people must be on crack because if I was a thief (which I am proud to say that I am not!) Alaska would be like the LAST place I'd try something like that. If I caught someone doing that to me I'd morph into Charlie Bronson REAL quick...Mr. Majestyk style. Karma is a *****!!!