Thread: haul road caribou

Default haul road caribou

looking for info to where the caribou are at on the haul road? I would appretiate any info and say thanks for in advance.

Read this thread, just a couple below yours.

Am I the only one that finds the caribou report threads funny? I hate to sound like a total stick in the mud, but caribou reports are good for about 5 minutes and then they are totally worthless. Even if somebody has wireless internet that they can somehow post a thread directly from the haul road the information is essentially useless by the time it's read. Caribou are where they are and that is...????? I've spent a ton of time up there, particularly on the northern stretch of the road and there have been countless times that people have said "there were just a thousand of them over there" and I went "there" right away and saw zero.

Jeff

Default The Incredible Vanishing Bou

I agree with you Jeff....however
    some groups tend to follow the paths of the group before them or very close to it. If group A of animals just came though at some location, it's a good bet that group B may follow very close to the same spot even though there are no bou there now. info a day or two old is probably not very good though. It's not a science for sure, but you can get a general idea ie, Happy vally, Gailbreath lake, none south of pump 2...and so forth. Good hunting all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Shannon View Post
    Am I the only one that finds the caribou report threads funny?

Jeff
    I also find them funny. The best part is knowing a lot of clowns head up there thinking they have the inside info in a circus hunt.

Default Tomorrow!!

Heading up first thing Saturday morning, will post results when I return August 6th

Default caribou

there are a few bou but not many rite now. I just got back and we got 2 but hunting was slim. I would take a raft if you are going, because alot of bou are across the and you can not use waders to get to them.