Thread: Toilet paper for composting unit

Default Toilet paper for composting unit

I have been running a composting toiet for six years and still looking for a tp that will work WELL. I used a few cases from Econolet but found that the single thin sheets were twice as exspencive and were used twice as much. I have both an Econolet toilet in the main lodge and a Sunmar in my cabin. I would stear away from the E unit as the rake/agitating system does'nt work well. The Sunmar with the rotating drum seems to work much better (once you get it down) and it is easier to clean out at the end of the year.

So anyone out there already find a good brand of TP that breaks down quickly. Any advise is welcome.

George

We use Angel Soft in our motorhome. Breaks down great and is not expensive. My dad lives in Mexico 9 months out of the year and the pipes over there are about the roundness of a quarter (or just a dad bit bigger, but not much). Everyone uses Angel Soft in their homes for the breakdown factor.

Thanks wldboar.

George

Well George, if it the toilets weren't in a lodge for common use and were for personal use, I'd say the wood stove breaks it down the best / quickest.

In other words, I know quite a few people that keep a waste basket (lined with a lid) near the toilet (I know outhouse users that do the same) for used toilet paper and empty it out / burn it daily because they don't want paper down the outhouse hole or in the septic system or whatever.

I guess it's a personal preference thing or something because I'm not sure if there's any study (or proof) on how long it takes paper to break down in a outhouse or septic vs. waste matter or what is gained or not gained from one way of doing it to the other.

Good thought Upstream and may work with my personal CPT but the lodge would be another thing.

George

Quote Originally Posted by George Riddle View Post
    Good thought Upstream and may work with my personal CPT but the lodge would be another thing.

George
    Kinda what I was thinking.....................

Ken