Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dall Ram 2006

Default Dall Ram 2006

Hey Guys,

Just Wanted To Show Off The 11 Year King Of The Hill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry the pictures are so small i'll try to get them bigger later
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default ram

Beautiful country, even more beautiful ram. Those are really nice horns. You must have hunted hard for that trophy. Congradulations it will make a spectacular trophy!

That is quite the curl on that set. How is it that your ram fell so far and badly that the cape wasn't salvageable, but their isn't a nick on those long, more than full curl horns?
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Default Mike...

you've been bustin his nads on the whole cape thing, guy. For whatever reason he needed one.
    Do you suspect foul play? What gives?

Default Thanks Ak. Sheep Hunters

THANKS GUYS,

TELL ME CAN YOU SEE THE PICTURES OK ? I THOUGHT THEY WERE TO SMALL. Had a great trip hunted Aug 6- 10 and shot that guy on opening day.the old king of the hill was 38 1/2 -14 bases. And by the way thank-you guys about the cape info.I found a real nice cape and the nice thing about it was it was fresh...

AKSHEEPHUNTER

Default Fullkurl

+1

AKSheephunter-Having a hard time seing the pics, but 38 x 14 is a dandy. Congrats.

Yea, the pictures are a little small and you can't really appreciate the trophy. Regardless, congtratulations on your success!!

Default photo size

aksheephunter;

congrats on a nice sheep.

thanks for posting the photos. could you make them larger?

thanks.

I think the question is a fair one, Frank. I've heard plenty of stories of dall sheep falling and breaking horns. Just curious how this one fell and ruined the cape but not those long small tipped horns.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Personally I don't think it's a question that needs to be asked. Can't a guy go hunting and be successful in this state without having to answer questions from someone that isn't a cop or trooper?

MT doesn't give a rat's ass about this guy's sheep or any others. His existance on this forum is predicated on stirring the ****, nit picking semantics and ball busting. In this case he is also trying to run his own version of ethics policing in an attempt to piss off certain other forum members.

LOL.........you got that right Chisana and this isn't the only place he does it!!

Default nice ram AK

maybe you can add a story when you get a chance.

Default Dall Cape

Martentrapper,

I'll Tell You A Story About A Dall Ram That Was Shot In A Fair Chase Setting That Needed A Cape By The Way. The Hunter Was Hunting By A Very Large Glacier And Some Very Steep Terrain. He Had To Cross One Of These Side Glaciers To Get At That Big Ram That He Had Seen The Day Before. Where This Ram Was There Were Cliffs On The Bottom Side Of The Ram And These Cliffs Are 800 Ft.straight Down. Something That You Could Not Climb Up Or Down.it Was That Steep.the Hunter Even Waited For The Ram To Move Out Danger Of Falling. He Did Not Move From His Feeding So The Ram Was Shot Clean And When The Dall Hit The Dirt The Old Famous Roll Started And The Ram Fell A Long Ways. The Hunter Made His Way To His Trophy And Could Not Beleive What Just Happen To The Old Dall His Head Was Gone And One Horn Came Off The Skull Plate. And Thats Why The Hunter Needed A Cape......... The Hunter Was So Worried That He Would Not Find A Cape To Mount The Old King Of The Hill, But He Ended Up Finding One. You Hunt Dall Sheep In Their Home(the Mountains) They Will Fall !!! They Do Not Live On Level Ground My Friend..............

Aksheephunter.

Ak sheephunter i sure wish you had a bigger photo of your ram. Those pics are way to small to see what the ram even looks like. I'd sure like to see the King of The Hill in a good picture.

Talking LOL! Hey ak..sheephunter

ya got Akcub callin it "the king" too. High praise indeed! too funny...
    Give us a BIG pic, we want red meat!!! lol! We must see the king!!

Default picture problems!!!!

Hey fullcurl,

I"m having trouble resizing my pictures i was wondering if i could e-mail them to you and maybe you could post them for me? let me know thanks for your help.
    AKSHEEPHUNTER

Default yep

send 'em to me at
    newman_os@hotmail.com I'll get the king up and running

Aksheephunter fire me a pic of the King and I'll get him up and running. i just got to see him now.

thefeins@hotmail.com

Default "the King"

Let see if I got it on here for him.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AlaskaCub; 08-24-2006 at 22:35.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast