Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New from Wooldridge Boats

Default New from Wooldridge Boats

Wooldridge has just come out with a new model of the Alaskan II. They call it the Alaskan XL, the bottom is wider and the sides taller with a larger windshield like the inboards with a walk around gunnel. They used the extra material from the sides like they changed the smaller Alaskans a few years back to widen the bottom with out changing the bottom design and added the gunnel lip to get higher sides. The bottom is 76 wide, with 80 inches of floor width, 98.5 beam 20 ft 10inch long, and 29 inch sides. This one is headed to the Boat Shop in Fairbanks. I know they are going to do some load testing with an outboard jet as well as a model set up for the Kenai with a 50 hp ob. There should be some info soon on thier website for speed, gph and for a heavy load test with this model like the others.

Default Wooldridge Alaskan XL

wow!, drop in a big block and a 212 and you'd have a pretty kick butt tub...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Default Tub

Will this do tjm?

What a great looking boat. In the right application it should do really well. One place it should never be used is the Kenai. This boat will never be anything but a huge wake generating pig when underpowered with a 50 hp outboard. That river needs smaller, lighter boats with low deadrise to reduce erosion as much as possible. This big boy should be used on rivers where it can really run, not on a congested river with horsepower restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by sport drifter View Post
    Will this do tjm?
    wow!....if I were only so lucky......very nice looking boat....
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Are the sides really higher or did they just make the rails higher?

Interesting boat for sure. I bet this thing is a river runner with a jet.

Quote Originally Posted by brackman47 View Post
    What a great looking boat. In the right application it should do really well. One place it should never be used is the Kenai. This boat will never be anything but a huge wake generating pig when underpowered with a 50 hp outboard. That river needs smaller, lighter boats with low deadrise to reduce erosion as much as possible. This big boy should be used on rivers where it can really run, not on a congested river with horsepower restrictions.
    The original Alaskan II was designed to be a kenai boat with the 35 there are many out there. The boat has a 9 deg bottom, weight is 1150 with a windshield and 1055 with out. This new model is a bit heaver but should do better with a wider bottom. Just for comparison the Willie Predator 21ft open model is 1130.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    Are the sides really higher or did they just make the rails higher?

Interesting boat for sure. I bet this thing is a river runner with a jet.
    Randy, they added the 3inch channel on top of the sides to get the 29" height, you can see it used on several of the boats, mine has it as well.

Default 26ft pilot series

They have added several things on the offshore pilot series a well. The pics are of a 26ft model they just finished up. They have a self draining rear deck, all diamond plate aluminum, with 2 under floor 80 gallon fish box's as well as a 50 gallon one across the transom, the ones under the floor have a drain plug and can be used as as storage as well. With an 8 inch raised rear sides to allow for the fish box's, this allowed them to increase the fuel capacity to 150+ gallons. As well as a side rub rail on the larger pilot series.

Default more pics

Talking

Sport Drifter,

Your postings on this site are 10x better than (when added up) in both pictures and information than the actual Wooldridge website! Keep em comming. Post what ever you haven't already. Thanks,

Sobie2

Default I have to question this, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by brackman47 View Post
    Is that really right? It seems to me that wider flat bottomed boats like that on step make less of a wake than a smaller boat with a "V" that dislpaces water instead of riding on top like a wide jet boat. I might be wrong about this, but that's the way it seems. More surface area makes the boat float on top.

That offshore pilot is beautiful. I'm going to go to bed tonight and dream that I own one.
    Hike faster. I hear banjo music.

Todd can you give me a call. Thanks
    Dan

Check you PM box for phone #'s

Nice, but windshield is in the wrong place, needs to be to the rear. And 2 things have kept me away from Wooldridge boats, price and built in ribs on the bottom.
    The emphasis is on accuracy, not power!

You could probably get it w/ rear windshield, for what reason I could never understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Sobie2 View Post
    Sport Drifter,

Your postings on this site are 10x better than (when added up) in both pictures and information than the actual Wooldridge website! Keep em comming. Post what ever you haven't already. Thanks,

Sobie2
    Hi Sobie
    I have got to spend some time in a 23ft Pilot with a 200 Honda out in PWS the first trip was with 6 people and some gear for the day the boat only had 7.8 hrs on it. This was a used boat from WA, we ran most of the day at 4000 rpm calm seas but a good load in the boat, full of fuel as well we ran 7.1 hrs on 37 gal of fuel. There was some idle/ low rpm time but maybe 3/4 hr of this. The Honda would turn 5200 WOT, and seemed to have good power.

The next trip we had only 2 guys and spent 3 days out with 254 miles and 10.1 hrs on 50 gal of fuel. We had some calm seas but a few hrs of down to 22-25 mph in the rougher spots, but we cruised at 3800 most of the time. I would guess the boat would average 5-6 gph on both trips. I didn't fuel the boat after the second trip so there may be a gallon or two difference in how it was topped off I always try to fill mine up the same each time.

The Wooldridge performance sheet on the 225 Honda was close to the same # so they must be pretty close, I still like the twin Yamaha's I have run on the 25 and 27 Pilots but this was a nice setup for the smaller boat. This one had the side door witch I really liked, great for loading gear at the dock or when it's on the trailer and you could even drag fish in instead of over the side.
    I see there is some info on a 26ft pilot with twin Yamaha's and a 250 Etec now on the site. You could compare this boat to the one in the video with the twin Etec 115. I saw the single Etec boat when we were in their shop this spring. The owner used to guide at Lake creek for several years, now he fishes in site of the Seattle skyline most of the time in the Sound.

Those side doors are nice, how well do they keep the water out?

Nice halibut!

Default side doors

The doors are nice but you do loose one side rod storage tray, if you had a 25 or larger boat you would still keep both rod trays. The door is not water tight, there is a rubber seal on it and an inside latch that keeps it really tight.

Has any one seen the new Alaskan XL in Fairbanks yet? The boat shop has it now and are rigging it.

Yes I have seen it........it is big........i like it better then the alaskan II.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast