Thread: Fox Island

Default Fox Island

Just curious if there is anywhere decent to camp on fox island in resurrection bay. Been by the spit a couple of times and thought it looked like a good place to camp and explore. Would love to get some input from others who may have done some exploring on the island. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thumb cove has some spots to camp

Fox island has a lake near that very spit you are talking about and there are unimproved campsites scattered on the beach. It is nice place and you will likely have some company.

Thanks guys, I greatly appreciate the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by AkPacer View Post
    Just curious if there is anywhere decent to camp on fox island in resurrection bay. Been by the spit a couple of times and thought it looked like a good place to camp and explore. Would love to get some input from others who may have done some exploring on the island. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    Never camped the spit (Eldarodo Narrows) see people there from time to time. Watch the weather if you decide on that spot. We used to camp in Sunny Cove, somewhat protected from the wind and easy enough to anchor your boat. Limited beach area and may be full when you get there, have an alternate plan.

07 Ocean Pro 220 ET HT
    115 Yamaha
    Garmin 740S, GMR 18 HD
    Airmar TM 260-MM

Thumbs up The Spit

I've camped there with my son. It's a good beach to set your boat on. Be sure to leave it bow out so you don't get swamped by a passing tour boat.
    We never really grow up, we only learn
    how to act in public

Default A few times

Camped there a few times, best stop is down half way, there is a small bunch of trees and a big hump. Bad news is some fools have left lots of trash so it was messy last time I stopped.
    Got stuck on the beach for 8 hours once because of the waves / rollers coming in. So not very protected. There is a sunken boat right out front, top of mast used to stick out at a 0 tide.
    Bugs and lots of them, and your in sea lion territory, all part of the adventure.