Thread: Sleepin arrangements

Default Sleepin arrangements

Where do you guys stay when you go down to Kenai for a weekend of dipping?..primitive camping or campers?

Just curious, as I want to go dippin this year (first year eligible), but unsure of where people stay.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

You name it.

Theres some of most everything, Campers, Motorhomes, trailers, lots of tents too. Some locals don't need to camp, and just go back home.

The issue is not what you camp in, or under, but finding a place to park or set up your tent.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Exactly.

Left Eagle River at 9:00 pm 7-19, arrived at Kasilof at 12:15 am, put the dog out in her house, my son took the truck bed and I had the front seat.

Set the alarm for 3:00 am, we got up, bwel of cereal, cup of java, donned our waders and dipping by 3:30. By 5:30-6:00 am, 22. Took a 10-15 min. break, back dipping. By 9:30-10:00 43.

Fish cut and packed, loaded up, and on the road by noon. Home before the Anchorage rush.

Fast, Fun and Furious. Ready for round two.

Default dipping

Thanks for the responses. I figured as much, but haven't talked to anyone that has gone down there personally. Good luck!