Thread: Information Please

Default Information Please

Hi,I am new to guns, I'm a Brit, I think most of you know it's virtually impossible to legally own a gun in the U.K, Lived here In the Valley for 5 years.2 weeks ago I decided to get my self a gun, picked up a .22 rifle last week, and today bought a 9 mm Smith & Wesson 9 mm 539, I would like to get myself a spare magazine.(also a Ruger 45 if the price is right or similar good quality used pistol) open to advice,please remember your talking to a newbie who untill 2 weeks ago at the Birchwood range had never fired a firearem in his life.
    Thanks.
    Steve
    g7esd@gci.net.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve The Brit View Post
    Hi,I am new to guns, I'm a Brit, I think most of you know it's virtually impossible to legally own a gun in the U.K, Lived here In the Valley for 5 years.2 weeks ago I decided to get my self a gun, picked up a .22 rifle last week, and today bought a 9 mm Smith & Wesson 9 mm 539, I would like to get myself a spare magazine.(also a Ruger 45 if the price is right or similar good quality used pistol) open to advice,please remember your talking to a newbie who untill 2 weeks ago at the Birchwood range had never fired a firearem in his life.
    Thanks.
    Steve
    g7esd@gci.net.
    Welcome Steve to the insane addiction to firearms. It maybe your best bet to call the gunshops around town and the valley and let your finger do the shopping, for the magazine you want, or go online and do a search.

Do yourself a favor (and others). Take a firearms safety course. The NRA puts them on ask around.

Keep your eyes peeled on the for sell forum, one Ruger .45 sold for 250.00 the other day. As I recall. Score a deal on .22 rimfire ammo, buy a case if you can afford it.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson