Thread: Want to hook my kicker to my main

Default Want to hook my kicker to my main

To use my boat for trolling you need to sit in that back and control the kicker by the tiller. I want to hook up that motor to the steering and throttle. My Main motor is a 35 horse Merc (an older one) and the trolling motor is a suzuki 6.

What are my options to get control at the wheel for this 6 horse?

there are auxiliary motor connecting rods that can be bent to tie your motors together. other options are remote steering systems just connected to your kicker allowing you to stear from anywhere on your boat.

I had a trollmaster on one boat and it worked great but those unit cost more
    Last edited by Unalakleet yooper; 07-19-2008 at 14:20. Reason: added note

I put an E-Z Steer on my 8 horse and love it. I did have to add an elastic cord to keep the kicker from going over center, but it now works great.
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

Default Steering Rod For Trolling Motor connect to main Engine

I use a Panther Marine Products - Auxiliary Motor Steering Kit -comes in Stainless or in Zinc. Very inexpessive and works great. See the web address - http://www.panthermarineproducts.com...ne_viewall.php

Marita Sea and Sea ordered mine. Only way to go in any kind of current or wind. Hooks and unhooks in seconds.

I also use an EZ steer, works great and their customer service can't be beat