Thread: Looking for OPEN SEAT Hunt.

Question Looking for OPEN SEAT Hunt.

Looking to head out and share expenses on Moose/Caribou/Bear or any game for that matter. Open to pretty much any dates.
    I have trucks,trailer,atv but just can't see spending all the dough running out by myself.
    I come fully equipt. Tent,Bag Supplies and ATV (Honda). Don't have to hunt together just want to go out and not have to drag all the goodies for just hunting by myself.
    Will share expenses for all fuel/food. If there is someone out there in the same boat shoot me PM. I have a PU or Jeep Cherokee along with a trailer for 2 ATV's and would be willing to take my rigs out if someone wants to go that route.
    Fish IT! Hunt IT! or *#%@ IT!

Default More details please...

Where are you starting from? Anchorage area? Fairbanks? I'm in a bit of the same boat but am down here in Juneau. Much more difficult to get people to commit to a roadtrip. I won a DM769 permit right outside of Fairbanks. Don't know much about the specific area but looks like might be accessible via jet boat and ATV (once you cross the river). I was considering driving up for this hunt. Although it's also a harvest hunt, the advantage of the permit is it allows any size bull, not just 50+. Season is Sept 1-25. I also have a bull musk ox which is the same dates, just not sure which one to do first. I have a jet boat and an ATV and all gear as well. My major expense is a ferry ride to Haines and mucho gas.

Default My Bad

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    Where are you starting from? Anchorage area? Fairbanks? I'm in a bit of the same boat but am down here in Juneau. Much more difficult to get people to commit to a roadtrip. I won a DM769 permit right outside of Fairbanks. Don't know much about the specific area but looks like might be accessible via jet boat and ATV (once you cross the river). I was considering driving up for this hunt. Although it's also a harvest hunt, the advantage of the permit is it allows any size bull, not just 50+. Season is Sept 1-25. I also have a bull musk ox which is the same dates, just not sure which one to do first. I have a jet boat and an ATV and all gear as well. My major expense is a ferry ride to Haines and mucho gas.
    I am out of Eagle river. I have been up here for 2 years and am not familular with any hunting area's and have only harvested a Black in PWS. I have not had the time due to work and locations to get out. I have fished the heck out of the state and finally have sometime to go and hunt.
    Fish IT! Hunt IT! or *#%@ IT!

Bob,
    I PM'd you

Bob, give me a holler also, I have no definate plan either. I'm in anchorage. I'll be out after bear and my schedule is pretty open.