Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sacco dog cart

Default Sacco dog cart

Has anyone used this kind of cart? What do you all use for summer/fall time?
    Still don't have much time to run them, hopefully this coming winter I will do better. Looking forward to mushing again, I sure like my dogs.

I am looking to purchase a Sacco Dog Cart, if anyone has one for sale.
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
    Phil 4:13

I don't know what a Saco is but here is our new cart from Germany. This was just a quick test drive as it was too hot for the dogs to go far.
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v4...August%20Cart/
    Alaska, the Madness; Bloggity Stories of the North
    http://cloud9doula.wordpress.com/

Does this shotgun make my butt look big?

1stimestar- That is a neat set up, it looks very stable. The thing I like about the Sacco dog cart it has tow bars, and steering with brakes. Having something like the sacco I would be able to teach my dogs to gee and haw along with staying in line with the tow bar. Someone told me it takes time, and looks like I am doing fine, but I think it would be great especially if I am training alone. It is made in Norway, and no longer have distributors in the USA, so it would cost me double to get it here. Still looking around.

Whats the name of that cart in the picture?
    Thanks for the reply.

wolverineldy

Smile Sacco Dog Cart

Hello,

The Sacco dog cart is a Norwegian product from a small company who export world wide.

You can see the on youtube under the search "Sacco Wagon".

Or at www.saccowagon.com

They do not have prices displayed on the site but seem pretty good at replying and returning calls.

All The Best & Good Luck

Preben

preben.harten,
    Thank you, still haven't decided what cart I wanted, I have been waiting a bit
    due to medical reasons. And I am having a hard time deciding what cart I will
    be getting in the future. Thanks, was good to see one cart in action.

wolverineldy

I think it is called a Touri and it is from Germany. It has steering, brakes, shockes etc.
    Alaska, the Madness; Bloggity Stories of the North
    http://cloud9doula.wordpress.com/

Does this shotgun make my butt look big?

Default Sacco Dog Cart For Sale

Wolverineldy,

Have you found your Sacco cart? If you are still in the market for one, we have one to sell. It's been used only a couple of times and is still in mint condition. If seriously interested, let me know and I'll post pic & details.

Wombat9270

wombat9270

Sent you a PM!
    Thanks for the reply!

wolverineldy

Default Sacco Cart

I am also looking for a Sacco Cart.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat9270 View Post
    Wolverineldy,

Have you found your Sacco cart? If you are still in the market for one, we have one to sell. It's been used only a couple of times and is still in mint condition. If seriously interested, let me know and I'll post pic & details.

Wombat9270
    wombat127,

I am very interested in the Sacco Vogn (Cart). Do you still have it? Being Norwegian and born there makes it even more appealing. Do you still have it for sale?

Aud-Synnove

Default Sacco cart

Hello,

I was wondering if you sold your Sacco cart. If not, I would like to speak with you about it further. Thank you.

~ Kristin

Wolverineldy,

Wombat9270

Talking Sacco dog carts

I have 2 of these for sale. I absolutely loved them but I just don't have the time I thought I would!!!

PM or email me if you're interested.

Jessica

Default Looking for Used Sacco

I am wondering if anyone has a used Sacco Cart for sale. Thanks!

I too would like to know if anyone has a used Sacco Cart for sale and if they are willing to ship.

do you still have your sacco dogcarts for sale? if so how much will they be? thankyou tracey...( i live in england)

Quote Originally Posted by halfdozenplus1 View Post
    I have 2 of these for sale. I absolutely loved them but I just don't have the time I thought I would!!!

PM or email me if you're interested.

Jessica
    yea! i'm interested how much do you want for one of them or both let me no just send me an e-mail asap thks just in case send e-mail to o_brewer_1@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kristinnln View Post
    Hello,

I was wondering if you sold your Sacco cart. If not, I would like to speak with you about it further. Thank you.

~ Kristin
    yea! i'm looking to buy one how much do you want send price to o_brewer_1@yahoo.com asap thks.

Wolverineldy,

Wombat9270
    how much let me no asap thks o_brewer_1@yahoo.com send e-mail here asap

Quote Originally Posted by wolverineldy View Post
    Has anyone used this kind of cart? What do you all use for summer/fall time?
    Still don't have much time to run them, hopefully this coming winter I will do better. Looking forward to mushing again, I sure like my dogs.

I am looking to purchase a Sacco Dog Cart, if anyone has one for sale.
    I have a Sacco dog cart, and NO I will not sell it. It is a lot of fun, and my sister just got a new 9 month old German Shorthair pointer, and it is doing great at pulling the cart. Great for fall - spring in her area, Gilbert AZ. No snow there.

Why train dogs for carting in the desert? It is great fun, and if you have ever walked a working dog until it is tired, you know that GSHP take more than 10 miles of walking to wear them out, and probably not even get 1/2 worn out in 3-4 hours.

2 miles of pulling the Sacco cart, and the dog gets tired, no longer wines at everything, and sleeps for the rest of the day. If it stops eating her plants, it will be worth it.

Yes they have brakes, steering, shock absorbers on the rear axle, so there is a small amount of suspension. About 1" in my case.

I have dual pulling bars, and could hook up two dogs, if I could get a matched pair. (near impossible).

Very safe, if you don't try to turn the dog to sharp at high speed. You can turn it over if turning a direction the dog is not wanting to go. Best to stop when they start to chase a cat, and it goes sharp right or left. If the dog pulls a sharp left, and you hold it straight, the right front tire lifts into the air, and you go over. Better to hit the brakes and go left with the dog, and you will make a sharp turn.

Lots of fun, and my German Shorthair Pointer female 65 pounds learned to pull the cart in about 3 days, sometimes at 15 MPH, and seeing a cat, 20 MPH! for a short distance. 2 miles was her limit, pulling the 65 pound cart with me (220 pounds) on it.

The weight on the dog never exceeds about 1 pound harness and 2 pounds of other weight. Rider's weight is on the 4 tires, and they are spaced about 28" apart, 20" bicycle tires, and very stable.

You can get off the cart, flip over the steering handle, and then help pull the dog cart with your hands, to go up steep sections, or once the dog is tired.

Fred.

Do you still have your Sacco cart? I am very interested in finding one. Thanks!
    Sharon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast