Thread: Reds?

Default Reds?

Any reds showing up in the valley streams?

Well I guess I'll give myself a report.
    Went to cotton wood saturday. There were a few fish but nothing spectacular. I managed to get 2 reds in about 3 hours. I lost 4 or 5 more and released a couple of foul hooked fish.

Default Cottonwood?

If you don't mind me asking where is Cottonwood? Also, what did you catch them on?

Cottonwood creek flows through Wasilla. It is about 60 miles north of Anchorage. You have to go out to the flats and it is a weekend only fishery.

Quote Originally Posted by big_dog60 View Post
    Cottonwood creek flows through Wasilla. It is about 60 miles north of Anchorage. You have to go out to the flats and it is a weekend only fishery.

Great directions!

Quote Originally Posted by BGEBROWN View Post
    If you don't mind me asking where is Cottonwood? Also, what did you catch them on?
    A hook...

Default Cottonwood Creek

Looks like if a get a hook and find my way to Wasilla I should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by BGEBROWN View Post
    Looks like if a get a hook and find my way to Wasilla I should be good.
    Don't forget the yarn to tie your hook on, oh and the big skeeter head net, and spark plugs for weights, and can pop tops for your lure

Ok well I wasn't sure how well you knew the area. If you want specific directions I'll give them. Cottonwood creek is no secret.
    I take Knik road to fairview loop roadit will wind around for a little ways then come to a sorta 4 way. Fairview loop takes a 90 degree turn, but you want to go straight. I think the road was called Hay Flats road but I am not completely sure of that. Follow that road till you see a brown park sign. The sign will direct you to a small road on the left. It will head out to a bluff and the road will drop down on to the flats.

I like to use flies but realy it's what ever works best for you. I suspect the silvers will start showing up next weekend.

Anglette "Don't forget the yarn to tie your hook on, oh and the big skeeter head net, and spark plugs for weights, and can pop tops for your lure "

Why would he tie a skeeter net on to his hook?

Quote Originally Posted by big_dog60 View Post

Why would he tie a skeeter net on to his hook?
    Not on his hook, silly!
    It's so the skeets don't bite him on his nose!
    Although, now that you mention it....a skeeter net on the hook would work as a, ok are you ready????

FISHHOOK NETWOW!!!! For the ALL IN ONE FISHING GEAR.
    HOOK AND NET THE FISH AT THE SAME TIME!!!!

Angry Anglette!

You're in TROUBLE!!! You will be hearing from the Fillet Wow Corporate Lawyers for Trademark Infringement. BUT, being the nice guy that I am, if you would like to admit your wrong doing, we could probably settle "out of court". If you haven't checked out the FW thread in a while, you should. I'm thinking after I get back from dipnetting this weekend, you could fillet my fish along with wldboar (see FW thread) wearing a couple of French Maids outfits! Does that sound great or what?! I'll even help, you can't ask for more than that. Well, think it over, I'll keep the Corporate boys at bay for a couple of days. Don't wait too long now...

Hmmm, How about you wear the french maid outfit, and we take pictures of you holding the NEW FISHHOOK NETWOW!!

Just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by Anglette View Post
    Hmmm, How about you wear the french maid outfit, and we take pictures of you holding the NEW FISHHOOK NETWOW!!

Just a thought
    Now that would be funny. We could make Stanly have braided ponytails as well. Would look great with his long hair and would work with the outfit! And no Stanly, I am not filleting your fish.

Stanly wearing bright red lipstick and lacy thing highs, NOW THAT WOULD BE A COMMERCIAL FOR THE NEW FISHHOOK NETWOW!!!

hee hee hee

Cool wait a minute

Quote Originally Posted by Anglette View Post
    Not on his hook, silly!
    It's so the skeets don't bite him on his nose!
    Although, now that you mention it....a skeeter net on the hook would work as a, ok are you ready????

FISHHOOK NETWOW!!!! For the ALL IN ONE FISHING GEAR.
    HOOK AND NET THE FISH AT THE SAME TIME!!!!
    This is starting to be Sham Wow!

You gettin this camera man?

Quote Originally Posted by FishnMan View Post
    This is starting to be Sham Wow!

You gettin this camera man?

Pretty soon they are going to rate this thread as terrible also. (See my new fillet boards). I just think it is too funny!!

Default Have you...

been looking in my windows! NICE TRY LADIES!! I'll tell ya what I'm gonna do. I will hold a class on the proper technique for making "your" man a perfect sandwhich. We can all meet at my house. You should stop at the store and purchase all of my favorite sandwich making products, roasted turkey BREAST, mayo, mustard, sliced colby/cheddar cheese and extra sourdough bread, an 18 pack of Coors Light Longnecks and some ice. After you learn how I like my sandwich, you will each proceed to the hands-on portion and prepare for my review, the perfect sandwich, it will be quartered (for training purposes only). I will be watching a Randy Anderson Coyote Hunting DVD. The 2 of you will take turns bringing me cold beer and quarter pieces to see if it meets my approval. Of course this will be done by both of you at the same time, you will be in step, with one holding the sandwich the other with the ice cold beer. I will pause (sigh) the DVD, you will both (like 2 synchronized swimmers) do a 360 degree turn, pivoting on one heel and completing the turn with a slight knee flex. We will do this for at least a couple of hours. At the end of the training you will both know how to please your man. I know that you will both excel at this! After, you can both have a seat on each side of me, one can brush my hair (I love having a pretty lady brush my hair) the other can rub my shoulders, cause having to pause the DVD so many times will probably cause my muscles to be a little tense. You are both allowed to have as much beer as you want at this point. My wife will be thrilled that she will finally get a break from her duties. Of course I will probably have her cleaning the boat, getting er ready for the next trip. Yhea, I'm thinkin it will be a great time, you will learn how to please your man. Of course this is going to start something, because all of your girlfriends are going to want to do it also. Let me know what day(s) works for you so we can get this going.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanly View Post
    been looking in my windows! NICE TRY LADIES!! I'll tell ya what I'm gonna do. I will hold a class on the proper technique for making "your" man a perfect sandwhich. We can all meet at my house. You should stop at the store and purchase all of my favorite sandwich making products, roasted turkey BREAST, mayo, mustard, sliced colby/cheddar cheese and extra sourdough bread, an 18 pack of Coors Light Longnecks and some ice. After you learn how I like my sandwich, you will each proceed to the hands-on portion and prepare for my review, the perfect sandwich, it will be quartered (for training purposes only). I will be watching a Randy Anderson Coyote Hunting DVD. The 2 of you will take turns bringing me cold beer and quarter pieces to see if it meets my approval. Of course this will be done by both of you at the same time, you will be in step, with one holding the sandwich the other with the ice cold beer. I will pause (sigh) the DVD, you will both (like 2 synchronized swimmers) do a 360 degree turn, pivoting on one heel and completing the turn with a slight knee flex. We will do this for at least a couple of hours. At the end of the training you will both know how to please your man. I know that you will both excel at this! After, you can both have a seat on each side of me, one can brush my hair (I love having a pretty lady brush my hair) the other can rub my shoulders, cause having to pause the DVD so many times will probably cause my muscles to be a little tense. You are both allowed to have as much beer as you want at this point. My wife will be thrilled that she will finally get a break from her duties. Of course I will probably have her cleaning the boat, getting er ready for the next trip. Yhea, I'm thinkin it will be a great time, you will learn how to please your man. Of course this is going to start something, because all of your girlfriends are going to want to do it also. Let me know what day(s) works for you so we can get this going.