Thread: Commercial Openers on the Kenai this weekend??

Default Commercial Openers on the Kenai this weekend??

I am unable to get thru on the hotline, too many people are probably wondering the same thing. lol

Will there be any commercial openers on the Kenai this weekend or was the opener last night the last one until the start of the week?? Would just like to know before loading up my gas guzzler and heading down from the Valley.lol

Default just a guess

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    I am unable to get thru on the hotline, too many people are probably wondering the same thing. lol

Will there be any commercial openers on the Kenai this weekend or was the opener last night the last one until the start of the week?? Would just like to know before loading up my gas guzzler and heading down from the Valley.lol
    They are in a window until the Sat. morning. I suspect they will be fishing the Kasilof section and not around the Kenai this weekend. I would head to Kenai as both runs are slowing down for a few days and Kenai fish should still be around - not great but around.

Default There were no commercial guys out there this evening

I left there at 7 and there was no sign of boats outside the Kenai.

Meant to mention: there was a guy dipping a couple hundred feet from me without a shirt in water up to his waist, and two people told me the guy was naked.

I don't know about you, but that water seems chilly to me....shrinkage is the least of your concerns... the guy was out there at least 2 hours and didn't seem uncomfortable. Very odd.

Default Setnet

1/2 mile set net fishery in the Kasilof section only until 9pm tonight. This will certainly affect the Kasilof but usually doesn't hurt the Kenai in any noticable way.