Thread: new moose rig?

Default new moose rig?

My kids grew up with his grandkids and this guy is a genius. When I was in K-town last summer I swung by his shop and took a peak. Bummer I missed Stan as I wanted to pick his brain again. Always tinkering on something. I talked to his wife and it looks like I'll need a partner to afford this rig! maybe 10 partners LOL

Check it out!!!
    http://www.amphib-alaska.com/
    Even a jackass won't stumble on the same stone twice.

Quote Originally Posted by ACNDHO View Post
    My kids grew up with his grandkids and this guy is a genius. When I was in K-town last summer I swung by his shop and took a peak. Bummer I missed Stan as I wanted to pick his brain again. Always tinkering on something. I talked to his wife and it looks like I'll need a partner to afford this rig! maybe 10 partners LOL

Check it out!!!
    Allright then any idea of the price? It might be time to put the boat up for sale... I sure would like to see a 6 passenger version and how cool would it be to see them make it legal for the 1500lb weight restriction?

Amazing!! That thing flat out hauls butt on the water and I like the way the tracks retract up against the body. I can imagine the price of one of these bad boys is pretty steep though.

Quote Originally Posted by ACNDHO View Post

Check it out!!!

The guy is a genius, have known Stan since 1975 when I took a refrigeration class from him and he has always been tinkering on something.

I think one of the most remarkable things he did was buy a Widgeon and taught himself to fly it. He's always been a sort of maverick, but a class act.

Default amphib

His wife told me she knew they had 250 into it. Had the tracks custom built but most of the rest he built. When an article ran in Popular Science the price tag was at 130. They are looking for a manufacturer to mass produce to run the price down. So far he has been targeting military, rescue, utility and mining markets. Sure would love to see it take off for him.
    And to think he got the idea as a kid in Wrangell to go duck hunting on the Stikine River.

Default amphib

Oh yea, he can drop in a jet pump instead of the outdrive. He did the outdrive for salt water.

that thing is sweet.....

Default Could you afford to fuel it.

Wonder how much the thing burns an hour running through the water like that.
    Fish IT! Hunt IT! or *#%@ IT!

Indeed. That thing is sweet!

Gosh dang it! Another toy I need. I'd sell the house to buy one of those!

Default Buy it

Alright time to sell the house, toys, and just live in that thing..LOL