Thread: Ring question on my new T3

Default Ring question on my new T3

Hello all,
    I just picked up a new Tikka T3 in 7mm Rem Mag. I'll be using it on a few hunts this fall with the soonest being in about a month. I already mounted a scope with the stock rings, did it right with thread locker and a torque wrench. It's been bore sighted but not taken to the range yet. I've heard/read about the stock ring issue. Here's my question. After what I've read, should I just wait to sight it in, go buy Tally rings and put them on. Or just shoot a decent bit this next month and make sure the stock rings work? Is Tikka aware that alot of people are having trouble with their rings?

Anyway, thanks for any advice.
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by AKF View Post
    Hello all,
    I just picked up a new Tikka T3 in 7mm Rem Mag. I'll be using it on a few hunts this fall with the soonest being in about a month. I already mounted a scope with the stock rings, did it right with thread locker and a torque wrench. It's been bore sighted but not taken to the range yet. I've heard/read about the stock ring issue. Here's my question. After what I've read, should I just wait to sight it in, go buy Tally rings and put them on. Or just shoot a decent bit this next month and make sure the stock rings work? Is Tikka aware that alot of people are having trouble with their rings?

Anyway, thanks for any advice.
    Scott
    Depends on what is on your agenda in the future. If you've got some expensive drop off hunts planned, is $30 worth it? I'd hate to have a rifle as dead weight on a sheep hunt.

Get the Talleys, its $40 you wont regret spending!

Default Spend the $$$

I would buy the rings. Not know when or if the other rings would fail would make me nervous. The new rings would give me peace of mind.