Thread: Thanks to Community of Hope

Default Thanks to Community of Hope

I would like to give credit to the nice folks in Hope that provided the great custom fish cleaning stations this year at Resurrection Creek. I put one to good use. My wife and I took a trip to Hope on Monday to check out the fishing situation. It was slow going in the morning above the bridge, but the afternoon tide brought in a mess of pinks about one hour after high tide near the parking lot and they were easy to catch. We even seen a couple bright red very large Kings looking for a place to spawn. I caught a nice fat Dolly Varden, which I have never done before in this creek.

As a side note, I was a just a little upset with the two visitors from Michigan that were very rough with their catch and release techniques. Humpys or not. The resource deserves more respect.

We got stuck for three hours behind that fatality accident on the Seward Highway on the way home. Our previous trip to Hope last summer found us stuck behind a fatality accident involving the young lady on the motorcycle. We are not going to visit Hope again for awhile. The Seward Highway is bad news for us.
    Attached Images Attached Images

good report and nice fish cleaning stations, i hope they last. be nice to see people treat them with some class as well. i've always loved my yearly trips to hope, just got done eating a couple fresh pinks from valdez this past weekend, no need to throw those fish back, just a more mild salmon is all.
    i'll be down in hope around sunday with my little guys whoopin' on some fish i hope!! (no pun intended)
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Default see you there

Ill be stopping on my way back from the peninsula to play some pinks on my 5wt,. Look for the white silverado with fish stickers all over the back window and say hi or the guy in the buffalo bills hat., I love playing those pinks
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Man.... i would like one of those for my house.........

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    Ill be stopping on my way back from the peninsula to play some pinks on my 5wt,. Look for the white silverado with fish stickers all over the back window and say hi or the guy in the buffalo bills hat., I love playing those pinks
    I went to a Bills game once......................I think
    Things got kinda fuzzy by half time.

Question

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but when do y'all think the peak of the pink run down there would be? I have a bunch of newbies I want to take down and turn loose. One week from now? Maybe two?

Thanks,

Jon
    Nurse by night, Alaska adventurer by day!

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    Wife and I are in Homer this week, from Wa state... will be up that way this weekend, might drop by hope to check the action....

mutt

I used them last night....Awesome.! Thanks

Default Hope Is Fun

Today, after many years of saying that I was going to do it, I took my family to Hope to check out the Pink action. What a blast man, my kids were catching fish left and right and I might add that my wife and I were having a great time ourselves. I have 6 children, so with all of us fishing, that makes our limit down there 24 fish and we almost limited out for the day. I am definately no fish snob and every fish that we catch gets eaten whether it is baked, smoked, fried or whatever. the interesting thing about this trip for me was that some dumb woman who was drunk as hell had the nerve to tell me that we were "raping the resourses" by keeping all the fish we caught. ***? I had a few unchristian like things to say to her, but I am just wondering is it unethical for me to feed my family? Any ways, just look out for the drunk *****es at the mouth of Resurrection Creek.

Default Flies to use?

I had the thought to stop off in Hope on the way back from the Kenai on monady, maybe spend the night and fish a little more in the morning. I'll be using the 7wt, not sure if thats too heavy, but its what I got... Wghat flies should I use while I'm down there, and is a 9lb leader enough???? Any thoughts?