Thread: Chitna dipnetting

Default Chitna dipnetting

4 of us dipped in the canyon all night Tuesday night and got 20 fish. Not the best but not the worst I've done. Not sure where the big slug is they keep talking about, probably shoulda been there last night or something.

Default Thanks

Thanks for the report im headed down there tonight try and hit the charter tomorrow morning hope to have some good luck. Thanks again
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "HOLY **** WHAT A RIDE!!!"

keep posting results - we appreciate it

I'm planning to go over the weekend unless water keeps rising...

Default Small score

We were planning on taking the charter on friday 18th but that morning they told us not to bother would be a waste so we went back to sleep and later hiked down towards haley creek a few miles when we did get down to the river we had no luck then it looked like the rain was coming so we packed up and went back to the camper. Sat 19th we decided just to take the charter and I think we were dropped off about 5:45 or 6 and we were on the river till around 6 and between the two of us we caught 9 reds 1 king a whole lot of whining out of the wife and a cold. not a whole lot of fish but we had fun guess that has to count for something.
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "HOLY **** WHAT A RIDE!!!"

Hem took me out Monday morning and in the next 11 hours I put 34 fish on my stringer.

Worked pretty hard, super sore yesterday and today. Really exhausted myself.. took two breaks.. one for lunch and one after my back started hurting (I'm 26 for the love of god).

Anyway, it was steady fishing. Hem put me on a small rock under a cliff with water on all sides, and nothing to tie off on. First time doing that, but it was fun. Lost a few fish trying to manage all my stringers on that small rock. Infuriating. Hem filled a bucket full of water and set it on the rock for me to tie my stringers to. ingenious.

First time back there in more than six or seven years... a lot has changed... lots more people. When I was a kid parking wasn't really a problem... of course, the natives were a bit friendlier about their land as well.

Nobody in my boat back limited out, but did well in the mid twenties each. I wanted to fill my supp but I had to drive back to fairbanks, and after I bent my net rod pulling up 32, told the other boat operator that I wanted back. caught 2 more with my busted ass net in the meantime

Hem said when we got back that was the best fishing so far this year.

Price was $100, and an extra $20 if you fill any or all of your supplement. Fish were in great to decent shape.

Thats my report.