Thread: 7/16 Boat dippin Kenai report

Default 7/16 Boat dippin Kenai report

Showed up at low tide to see we couldnt launch for atleast an hour due to a minus tide and mud at ramps. During this time I observed more people getting doubles and triples dippin from boats with my binoculars than singles. Fishing looked amazing. Once we got on the water we had 8 in 10 minutes with fish jumping everywhere but after that when the tide started moving in heavily the fishing slowed. Although it slowed it remained steady and took us about 4-5 hours to get all of the 32 fish that we wanted.

Dippins good; gangbusters at low tide though!- go get em,

Nick

Glad to hear that you caught your fish, Nick. You're right that low tide was the hot time. That's when we nailed 'em from the beach, and then it slowed just a bit on the incoming while we were filleting.

I thought you were going to be dipping from the north beach? Though I don't know what you look like, I was looking for a 15-ish teenager to say hello.

I was looking for ya too... dont know which beach is north or south things get too exciting out their to know any directions... Ill be posting a pic later of our results though; glad to hear you got your fish too! Gotta love the Kenai

Well, you wouldn't have been able to see me from the boat dipping area. I was down at the mouth, far below where the boats are allowed to dip.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishwhacker View Post
    ... dont know which beach is north or south ...
    Could you see where the sun was?... oh, nevermind
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Default Commercial openers?

Does anyone know if there's a schedule for the commercial guys? We want to go down and dip from the south side tomorrow, but not if there's a fleet setting nets out there.

Anyone have a report today? A guy I know went with four other guys yesterday and they got about 130 fish in less than four hours. They were hitting multiple fish. They said they were on the south side on the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibico View Post
    Does anyone know if there's a schedule for the commercial guys? We want to go down and dip from the south side tomorrow, but not if there's a fleet setting nets out there.

Anyone have a report today? A guy I know went with four other guys yesterday and they got about 130 fish in less than four hours. They were hitting multiple fish. They said they were on the south side on the beach.
    Here is the # I use for the openers they also tell you the counts and otf index 907-262-9611

Default Thanks for that information

The recording from 4 p.m. Thursday said openers were from 7 - 9 p.m. Thursday. Kasilof opener for 7/18 not set yet but could open on short notice Friday. Sounds like they're keeping the commercial guys out during the day? Excellent if true.

Will there be any commercial openers on the Kenai this weekend, or was last night it until Monday?