Thread: We need to organize a Pike derby in the Valley

Default We need to organize a Pike derby in the Valley

Id like to see a week long pike derby take place out in the valley, Lots of lakes could use a cleanup effort. As a bonus, it will help people figure out where and how to fish for these turds and hopefully they will get fished on a regular basis

Im not real sure how to go about doing this, but if we could get a prize pool going, judges and some advertising I bet it would take off.

Question

Well, there are some people who do like to have some easy access areas for pike you know. Me being one of them. Although I don't want to see pike spread into every lake its nice having a few around, they are greating eating and provide great sport. Lakes like Flathorn and Figure 8 need to have limits because those are natural pike lakes and are great for people just learning the ropes. Just my .02 cents but I believe people need to start treating pike more like a game fish and less like a worthless fish.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

I would like to know which lakes need a pike clean up.

I would like to take my kids to go pike fishing and the only lakes that I know of around here that have any good pike fishing are hike in or canoe in.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Well Matt, I happen to be a piker too. Not sure how I could help, but I sure would try to participate.

there is now an official winter pike derby put on by the city of houston, if that helps and i think its a month long, with lots of prizes. however you may be talking about a summer derby?
    http://www.matsupikederby.com/

if you guys are hungry for pike i was reading the other day that alexander lake is plumb full of them. well alot of lakes are but i remember being amazed about the numbers of pike f&g pulled outta there for their survey. i was wondering how there was room for water with so many pike!

Default your

4x4 best be real good to make it to alexander

I've fished most of the lakes that are 'confirmed pike waters' and some are good and some are oh, not so good. Send me a PM if you want a few of the better lakes.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.