Thread: My ride

Default My ride

This is my huntin buggy. I'll have to get a photo of it with my texas treestand attached as well. I have a swivel seat that mounts to the back rack that gets me 8'3" (to the bottom of the seat) in the air. I'll get it posted soon.

AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Default *sigh*

ok I give up tyring to upload a pic of mine.

Red face The treestand.....

Here is a pic of the "texas" treestand I made for my 6x6. The bottom of the seat is 8'3" off the ground which should put me up above lots of those annoying willows that surround the best moose swamps! I have more pics if anyone is interested in making something similar. No patent yet. )

AKmud

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Default another photo

This photo is a little closer of the actual framework. The entire unit pins together and when disassembled it all fits in the bed easily. The legs are 1" square tubing and on the bottom of the 12" square plate the seat is mounted to, I have 3/4" square tubing that the legs slide over. The thing turned out very sturdy and only weighs 30-40#s.

AKmud

Default Nice ride!

Great set-up. I dig the tree stand and I like your idea of mounting boat seats for the kids to ride. Thanks for the info.

Tim

Default Outstanding set up.

I'm still experimenting with the gear box on the back of my 6x6. Is your entire rear set up home made? I've been playing with ideas on how to rig mine up with two seats for the kids, like you have.

What kind of box do you have on the front? Is it commercial? How does it secure to the flat rack on the front?

Much thanks!

Default 6x6

Everything is home made. I welded up the rear rack out of 1" square tubing and 1 1/4" angle iron. I have some closer up photos if you would like for reference.

The kids seats are simply Fish-on boat seats mounted on 7" pedestals then mounted to a piece of plywood cut to fit the bed. They love it, in fact we were out muddin today with it.

The front box is made by Contico. They also make a larger one that I use for the rear called the Tuff box. The boxes are great and considerably more durable than the Action Packers. They also make a good camp seat or a nice area to put the coleman stove. I got it at Wal-mart for around $25. On the original factory front rack I drilled the box where it lined up with the open holes (there are a couple on each side, it appears for accessories) in the rack then just bolted it down. Then, this winter I hit a tree and broke the entire plastic part of the front rack off! So, out came the welder again. You can see in the pic of me in the stand that the front rack isn't stock. I removed what was left of the plastic rack (after I was quoted $165 for a new one) and welded one up out of 1 1/2" square tubing. Again, I bolted the box to the new rack.

After I spent all the time making the treestand rig, it was pointed out to me that on page 15 of the hunting regs it is illegal to take big game unless you are out of, or off of a motorized land vehicle. ( I may just have to keep it for predator hunting or simply spotting big game. So much for what I thought was a good idea.

Let me know if you want more pics.

Rob
    AKmud

Thumbs up

Very cool idea!! I was thinking of making the same thing for the lid on my Pac-rat trailer. Here's a question, yeah you're supposed to be off of the ride when taking the game, if it is on a trailer that isn't connected to the wheeler, are you still legal? My thought would be that it is legal. This way, after you set up camp (un-load the trailer) then set it out for your stand somewhere else for use. That's what I was thinking about, a mobile tree stand. Alot less effort and portable.

My bet would be that Fish and Game would still write you a ticket even though the trailer isn't motorized. I wouldn't chance it.

Man that looks pretty cool